Problem with Icewind dale 2 widescreen

Vaughan

I see some part of the game still running on the background, and this is not a good thing. So after you have closed the game, and uninstalled it, reinstall it to a non "program files" -folder, patch it and play it a second with a character so it autosaves, then disable the User Account Control and make sure the game is not running anymore. The install the Nvidia fix... and the Widescreen mod.

Why do you have the G3PsTweaks in the folder?

Bigg and Jarno, thank you very much for your assistance. I'll try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling out of the program files directory. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Again, thanks for being patient with me. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Vaughan

Hi there,

I uninstalled..and then reinstalled into a non-program directory and the Nvidia patch works. The game now plays properly without the graphical glitches. But I have to start all over for this to happen. My saved games that I carried over from my previous install still have the same graphical glitches.

So I guess I'll just start over again. So thanks for getting that working.

Regards,

Vaughan

Bigg,

So the game now looks fine except the bottom bar is obviously extremely small and shortened relative to the onscreen image. Is there a way for me to get the UI to also look widescreen ?

Or this something that people must just accept once using the widescreen mod for IWD2 ? Just trying to understand..thanks.

Regards,

Vaughan

Guest Thanes

So is it possible that the problem is caused by my different language version of IWD2? I dont have it cracked, it's legal copy...

So is it possible that the problem is caused by my different language version of IWD2? I dont have it cracked, it's legal copy...

And yes I have it patched to 2.01c (it's maybe a patch only for my language)

Which language version of IWD2 you have and what is that for a patch you are talking about (give us a link)?

Greetings Leomar

It's Czech version of the game and I used this patch.

Thanks for your help

That looks like this is an inofficial patch and not an official one of BioWare. Try the official one if there exist one for IWD2. If you use inofficial ones then this one is not tested with the Widescreen mod and therefore you get the error.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Thanes

I tried to apply WS mod without this patch and it doesn't work anyway... same error as before :-(

Thanks for your help

Archived