Has Item ("Container"..) question

jastey

It seems my check, whether a container in a custom area contains an item, doesn't work. The container has the name "Container 3", but neither

IF

HasItem("Container 3","c#aj0001")

Global("C#Ajantistest","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("C#Ajantistest","GLOBAL",1)

END

nor "HasItem("Container3","c#aj0001")" (without the space) give a result. The area script is attached to the area and compiled, the item is in the container. Is there something I don't understand?

OK, that was so stupid - it should be " HasItem("c#aj0001","Container 3")" and now that works. What does not work yet, though, is the original idea: I want a visual effect to happen on a container if a party member casts the spell "detect invisibility" in a certain room:

IF

HasItem("c#aj0001","Container 3")

SpellCast([PC],2203) //WIZARD_DETECT_INVISIBILITY

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateVisualEffect("c#ajinvi",[567.343])

END

"c#ajinvi.vvc" is a custom visual effect.

EDIT: .. that obviously doesn't work properly. Just ignore this thread, please.

That's a very good point. I will try this.

Hm, it seems I need some help with the correct use of the CheckStat trigger. I use "CheckStatGT(Player1,0,SEEINVISIBLE)", but that doesn't give a result if the spell Detect Invisibility is cast. How am I supposed to use it? Or is the spell not changing the stat, and this checks for something else?

I'm pretty sure there is a way to detect the original detect invis spell by checking a stat...

question is which :crazyeyes:

Well, i will try to find the answer.

[EDIT]

UH OH!

Actually, detect invis is an area affecting dispel invis spell!!!

How disappointing!

It has no duration...

At least, that makes my original point moot.

You need to cast the spell right in front of the place (as the spell's radius is 70 feet).

I guess you don't want to change the spell (at least not its specification).

Thank you very much for checking this! The detection via SpellCast is fine, then. It suits the purpose. It's just that people get a hint where the invisible item is, it's nothing quest depending or game changing.

Archived