Mod load order

Sorry about the newbee question, but that's what I am. Kinda new to PC gaming having only played BG!, BG2, PS:T and Wizardry 8.

Have only used 2 mods before now. BG2 G3 Tweak Pack and Fix Pack.

Now to the question.

Pocket Plane says to load their mod last, (NPC Mod) however I thought I read some where that the G3 mods should be loaded last. Does it matter. :)

I have loaded

IWD

HOW

Trials of the Luremaster.

What mods should be first?

Thanks very much in advance

Sonny :crazyeyes:

PS Would the G3 mod Item Upgrade add anything to the game for a 1st time player, and if so where would it fall in the load order.

Which mods, save IwDNPC? It does depend on this, you know. :crazyeyes:

Also, if you read the readmes for each mod, and it (hopefully existent) compatibility sections, if nothing but the IwDNPC says it needs to go LAST, install it last.

Icen

Which mods, save IwDNPC? It does depend on this, you know. :crazyeyes:

Also, if you read the readmes for each mod, and it (hopefully existent) compatibility sections, if nothing but the IwDNPC says it needs to go LAST, install it last.

Icen

Sorry, my bad. The mods I want to install are

G3 IWD Tweak Pack

Pocket Plane IWD NPCs Mod.

If the IwD Tweak Pack is like the BG2Tweakpack, install it last. Wait for a second opinion, if you aren't sure.

However, due to the nature of WeiDU, it shouldn't matter if the install order of 2 mods is wrong, as you can just uninstall one of them. :crazyeyes:

Icen

I've got IWD+HOW+TOTLM. This is the order in which I installed my mods... I've not had any problems so far. I've made it as far as getting ready to go to the Dragon's Eye. The only thing keeping me back is my work on the party AI script which I've installed dead last so that I can uninstall and reinstall as needed.

Hope this information helps you decide in what order to install your IWD mods...

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Assorted Fixes
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v2
~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restore IWD Loading Screens
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2021 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // BG2 Grand Mastery
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC, v2
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2.1
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // Minimum Stats Cheat
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate class for Korin - multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #0 // AB's IWD Party Script Series
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Option: Assign weapons via Hotkey F
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Option: Resting via Hotkey S
~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #0 // AB's IWD Party Script Series
~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Option: Assign weapons via Hotkey F
~SETUP-AB_IWDPARTYAI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Option: Resting via Hotkey S

I don't typically use Korin and Nella in their alternate classes, I just changed them so that I could do additional testing with my party script. Widescreen is usually installed dead last, but as long as it is installed after any mods (or mod components) that change the gui interface it is fine.

To make the installation easier I used a batch file with the following contents:

setup-g3daletweaks.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 1
setup-ub_iwd.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 0 100 200 300 400 500
setup-iu_iwd.exe --yes --language 0 
setup-g3daletweaks.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 20 40 60 70 1010 1020 2020 2021 2040 2050 2060 2080 2090 2100 2110 2120 2130 2140 2160 2170 3000 3010 3031 3040 3060 3070 3080 3090 3110 3120
setup-iwdnpc.exe --language 0 --force-install 0
setup-widescreen.exe --yes --language 0 
setup-g3daletweaks.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 3130
setup-iwdnpc.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 1 3
setup-ab_iwdpartyai.exe --yes --language 0

The batch file allows me to maintain the same order of components for a reinstall if for some reason in my ai script/mod testing I really screw things up and need to revert to a clean install.

chiefsonny, I went with IWD NPCs first and then Dale Tweaks and didn't notice any problems. :crazyeyes: The Item Upgrade for IWD, while nice, it's not mandatory for a new player (and as a side note, there's one or two items in there that don't work properly). I have it in the first place of my mod install order.

@plainab: you think it's appropriate for you to bring up your personal batch file to a newbie player's thread?

Thanks everyone for all the help.

After loading IWD, HOW and TotL I decided to load only these 2 mods for now and in this order.

1. NPC's Mod

2. G3 Tweak Pack

Still in the character creation process, but so far every things running good.

Thanks again

Sonny :crazyeyes:

@plainab: you think it's appropriate for you to bring up your personal batch file to a newbie player's thread?

When I was a newbie I preferred to have more information on hand so I wouldn't screw things up by following the simple advice. Sometimes, while simple advice is quick and shows that you do want to help it can lead to other problems if there is more information that should have been shared. True, more advice can be overwhelming and also lead to problems... So you can give less and I can give more and it's still up to the end user to decide what to do with the information.

At the time, I felt it was necessary to help me explain why my weidu.log had mixed up components. I had shared the weidu.log since the mod components are all mixed up. I couldn't just say, I use this mod and that mod in this order...

Thanks everyone for all the help.

After loading IWD, HOW and TotL I decided to load only these 2 mods for now and in this order.

1. NPC's Mod

2. G3 Tweak Pack

Still in the character creation process, but so far every things running good.

Thanks again

Sonny thumbsup.gif

Good luck and enjoy your game...

Archived