IR + 1PP

Kalindor

Mike, is it safe to do a blanket install of 1PP over IR even though some 1PP components are already present in such an install? (I wouldn't be installing the components that override items like colorable staves.) Otherwise, I guess I need to figure out which components from the currently-available 1PP V3 are not present and install them piecewise. Thanks for the assistance.

Mike, is it safe to do a blanket install of 1PP over IR even though some 1PP components are already present in such an install? (I wouldn't be installing the components that override items like colorable staves.) Otherwise, I guess I need to figure out which components from the currently-available 1PP V3 are not present and install them piecewise. Thanks for the assistance.

IR's readme should be pretty clear on what it includes:

• V2 -> Everything but Potions

• V3 Paperdolls

• Flaming Swords

• Legacy BG1 Buckler, Small Shield, and Medium Shield Animations (these are 3 separate components in the 1PP installer)

• Helmets (not available in 1PP installer)

• Shields (not available in 1PP installer)

Out of those, you might want to reinstall 1PP V3 Paperdolls on of IR (new paperdolls have been added since IR v2 was released). Reinstalling V2 will probably change some item colour assignments made by IR, so doing that is not recommended. The others are unlikely to have been updated since the last IR release but probably won't cause issues if installed over top.

The notes regarding Colourable Quarterstaves and Flaming Short Sword are actually outdated now. Erephine has been kind enough to write patching versions of these components/mods, so you should be able to install either of them on top of IR without any problems.

There has been more coming from 1PP. :)

I would guess that the following:

- 1ppv3: Thieves Galore

- 1ppv3: Female Dwarves

- 1ppv3: Extended Palette Entries

are completely compatible with IR?

There has been more coming from 1PP. :)

I would guess that the following:

- 1ppv3: Thieves Galore

- 1ppv3: Female Dwarves

- 1ppv3: Extended Palette Entries

are completely compatible with IR?

Yes (install them after IR). In the readme, I tried to cover as many future entries as possible by saying "avatar fixes" would be compatible, since IR leaves them alone. The various avatar changes are relatively hefty downloads, but are definitely well worth it. It's possible that IR may use the palette mod in the future to colour some items.

Mike1072,

could you kindly tell me what files I would need to delete from the Paperdoll directory to mantain the original BG2 paperdoll for half-orcs?

Thanks!

The half-orc files are all prefixed with "co" (the o is for orc, I guess), so just remove all of those from the v3_paperdolls folder. If you wanted to avoid paperdolls from another race, you'd probably have to remove files from that folder as well as the v2 folder, but half-orc paperdolls weren't included in v2.

Mike1072,

could you kindly tell me what files I would need to delete from the Paperdoll directory to mantain the original BG2 paperdoll for half-orcs?

Thanks!

The half-orc files are all prefixed with "co" (the o is for orc, I guess), so just remove all of those from the v3_paperdolls folder. If you wanted to avoid paperdolls from another race, you'd probably have to remove files from that folder as well as the v2 folder, but half-orc paperdolls weren't included in v2.

Thank you very much! :)

Archived