Improved Vampires : clouds of bats

DrAzTiK

Just my opinon but I think it could be less annoying to let clouds of bats allowing a save to avoid some effects . Don't you think ? I mean like SR Insect Plague ( and If I am not wrong David, you are planning to tweak Insect Plague to work like SR ? :party:)

Just my opinon but I think it could be less annoying to let clouds of bats allowing a save to avoid some effects . Don't you think ? I mean like SR Insect Plague ( and If I am not wrong David, you are planning to tweak Insect Plague to work like SR ? :party:)

It's an interesting thought, but most of the arguments for IP don't really go through here. What drove me to change IP was that I really couldn't find an effective way to defend against it, whereas obviously the player doesn't have access to vampire cloud effects.

Having said that, I suspect (though I can't recall) that I hot-generate the bat clouds from the vanilla IP spell, so probably this will happen by default in any case.

Nice work on toning this down for v13.

However, I noticed that the damage from multiple bat clouds seems to stack. I'm not sure whether this is intended or not, but getting hit by a couple of these can result in some fairly high damage per second values. This tends to make vampires much deadlier than usual if they are in large groups.

Archived