Problem with area

Roen Ashin

Guest Guest_Fuzzie_*
'Area loaded without wed (cannot edit doors)'

It means that it couldn't find/open the WED file. The ARE files are always installed, the WED/TIS files are not. Maybe you didn't do a full install and don't have the relevant CD inserted?

If that's not it: Does it do this for all areas? You don't have something else running (like PS:T) with an exclusive lock on the files? If it's an area you made yourself, make sure that the files are all in the right place (in override/).

Another thing worth a try, if it still doesn't work: among the edit options there is a flag: use game config for CDs.

Switch it only if the previous hints didn't help. (It will help only with a full install, if you don't have the files available, it will never find them).

There is another problem you will probably stumble into: DLTCEP will sometimes extract the tileset (.tis) file. But PST cannot handle an extracted tileset (only when running from a debugger).

So, if you can see an area perfectly from DLTCEP, but the game crashes, simply delete the tileset from override.

Damn... I have reinstalled PS:T, but there wasn't 'full install' option.

Maybe it's fault of my polish version...

Does it do this for all areas?

All except Modrons' maze.

You don't have something else running (like PS:T) with an exclusive lock on the files? If it's an area you made yourself, make sure that the files are all in the right place (in override/).

No, I haven't. / It's original ps:t area.

What should I do? Download another version? 2cd or 4 cd?

It's working with 2cd's version also?
Well yeah, it should, you just direct the CD2, CD3 and CD4 [Alias] 'es to the same directory, where the CD2's data is.

Of course you need to know, that if you use Vista, you need to have the game not in Program Files sub-folder.

Archived