Keldorn gets talkative

When the party arrives in the Underdark, there must always be some Kuo Toa, he attacks, then often just disappears before we can kill him.

And in the drow attack, my PC got charmed, and just stood there. It's the L2 cleric spell.

Edit:

In the Illithid den, in the east room, the Mind Flayer keeps respawning all the time, even when all is over. That makes for a series of 9K xp. Of course, it's necessary for the game.

Edit 2:

Goldander Blackenrock (the 'sniverflin' ? who asked that you kill the Baalor) recognises you in your Drow form, contrary to all others.

-When a character is level drained, it seems modifiers (ring of protection, etc.) on saving throws no longer work. (ToB)

-At the end of SoA, Irenicus casts Absolute Immunity, but it seems to make him immune to all weapons, even +5.

-To backstab, we must be behind the enemy, but they can do it in front of you. The injustice!

- Shouldn't the De'Arnise reward problem be fixed? (You essentially get nothing if Nalia isn't in the party)

- It also seems our spells are interrupted but theirs work even though they're hit (especially Hold, Lightning Bolt, if not Abi's)

- The Harper poisoned dude ambush can happen in the wild (it takes hours to bring the dude back to the Harper hold).

- After the Orog ambush, there's an ambush by bandits that keeps on coming, with always the same 3 stupid spells on the mage's body.

- After we drove Bodhi out of the Graveyard in Chapter 3, vampire ambushes still occur.

In Spellhold, battle vs. Irenicus. Yoshimo appears. Imoen casts Chromatic Orb and he's petrified. Someone finishes him, and when they check the body, there are 2 Yoshimo hearts! I hope I'll get 400k xp for this.

He's supposed to create the heart and drop his inventory when he dies, but maybe being petrified and getting shattered both constitutes dying. I'll have a look at it when I have more time available.

-When a character is level drained, it seems modifiers (ring of protection, etc.) on saving throws no longer work. (ToB)

Looks like your saves are adjusted upwards to account for your "new" level and that save bonuses stop applying. I suspect there's no straightforward way to fix this.

-At the end of SoA, Irenicus casts Absolute Immunity, but it seems to make him immune to all weapons, even +5.

Yes, that is correct. It's supposed to do that.

-To backstab, we must be behind the enemy, but they can do it in front of you. The injustice!

Yes, red-circled creatures have no direction restrictions when they backstab.

- Shouldn't the De'Arnise reward problem be fixed? (You essentially get nothing if Nalia isn't in the party)

It probably wouldn't be a fix.

- It also seems our spells are interrupted but theirs work even though they're hit (especially Hold, Lightning Bolt, if not Abi's)

I think it's buggy engine behaviour. It seems to happen rather randomly and I have had it happen to members of my own party as well.

- The Harper poisoned dude ambush can happen in the wild (it takes hours to bring the dude back to the Harper hold).

- After the Orog ambush, there's an ambush by bandits that keeps on coming, with always the same 3 stupid spells on the mage's body.

Involves the worldmap (mess). I'll look into it later.

- After we drove Bodhi out of the Graveyard in Chapter 3, vampire ambushes still occur.

Yes, they can happen as long as you are not in chapter 4 or later. I suppose the trigger conditions could be amended, but I don't know if it really constitutes a fix.

When Absolute Immunity is cast, it confers upon the caster invulnerability to all weapons except those of +5 or better enchantment.

That's the spell description in the game, hence my surprise. For balance reasons, I think it's OK with a really absolute immunity, just the text could be updated.

I forgot another little thing I noticed in Spellhold:

- Even though Bhaal's sprite seems to have a helmet, he takes double damage on critical hits.

The random encounters are fine (it seems silly, but that's the way they're set up).

The Die() thing is really, really cool, though. They all have to be checked now. Sweet! :\

I think there was an argument about Nalia's reward or something that led to no action. The rest looks like engine or intent.

I don't think we'd change Bhaal (death knight animation has massive armor and sword, for instance, but that doesn't actually translate to anything with the CRE; they could just as easily be naked with a dagger). There's also tons of CREs with no visible helmet that block crits anyway.

Bicardiac Yoshi is a neat trick.

// You only die twice
/* COPY_EXISTING kalah.bcs override // nevermind, don't need to patch this one
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^\(  Die()\)~ ~\1 !StateCheck(Myself,128)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY */

COPY_EXISTING yoshimox.bcs override
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^\(  Die()\)~ ~\1 !StateCheck(Myself,128)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY

Should double check on Adalon and see if she can actually break anything if her hostile cutscene runs twice. I don't think we've been changing her duplicate paralyze immunity to petrification immunity.

You get ten days of hauling Renfeld's rotting corpse around in your purse before the timer runs out, so yeah, it's okay if we leave that be.

dwair, dwearth, dwfire, and fshorde can also behave unintentionally due to this, but they are comparatively harmless. Petrifying and shattering an elemental will cause two new elementals to appear instead of one and doing it with one of the orcs will also get you "two-fers". Adalon only does non-cumulative stuff, with the possible exception of the un-drow spell. At the very least it will play the sound and lighting twice. I didn't notice any animation problems, but maybe my single-instance test was insufficient. dagenie is supposed to say something when it dies, but that seems to be broken. I guess you can't perform DisplayStrings when you are dead either.

I guess you can't perform DisplayStrings when you are dead either.
It's a vanilla issue; I don't believe DisplayStringHeadDead() existed in SoA (DisplayString() does run for dead sprites, but the Head()s don't).

@Silver Sword: Some of the artifacts were plot critical for some reason. It's kind of dumb, but I don't know if we'd change it as a bug.

That's funny, I have a new, serious, problem with a current game. When the party comes back to Brynnlaw after Spellhold, Hold, Confusion, etc. effects cease to apply, even though there are in-game graphics and, for party heroes, icons. It began with Web having no effect on some slavers; now in the City-of-caverns, Minsc is paralysed by a Lacedon (with the II icon), but he keeps on fighting. This is reproducible, and on two different computers (same fixpack, I think). The BGMAIN.EXE was modified to correct Dispel Magic (it doesn't appear on the weidu.log).

I uploaded the save game here just in case (if you can stomach the delay):

http://uploading.com/files/2m26c6c2/000000086-skvCOC1.zip/

For comparison, a save at the same place, same installation of BG2, but a different party (Anomen & Keldorn instead of Viconia & Nalia), and things work as expected (Lacedon paralyse attack):

http://uploading.com/files/76mb9b45/000000073-skCoM.zip/

WTF?

Never-the-less, I went a bit further with that game still working, and in the Beholder lair, Minsc was petrified, then he died, and after the fight, it was impossible to turn him to flesh, the mouse pointer wouldn't lighten/select on him.

(screenshot: http://uploading.com/files/f67dcm7e/BG2pb.jpg/ - sorry, I have no image hosting available right now :thumbsup:)

New edit:

I tested the first save game in the vanilla game (no mod of any kind), and the Lacedon Hold effects work as supposed.

Now I've been thinking, peculiar in this game was that there's been no sleep since before Spellhold, hence no Slayer dream yet. Who knows, it could have an impact?

Found something else in the WK, the Green Dragon's breath doesn't impact the ring of Gaxx wielder, but it does the wielder of the periapt of proof against poison.

New edit:

- Keldorn's powerful Dispel Magic can't remove Domination from Illithid psionics?

- The 'Maze' icon sticks after the hero comes back from his maze. Save game and reload, it's OK (no more Maze icon and other icons are in place.)

Yeah, you would have gotten a phantom state override bit from jumping around the asylum maze. Like you note, just restart to clear the flag.

The green dragon breath is as intended (the ring of Gaxx protects from poison and disease states, and therefore it's allowed to block poison damage type, but the periapt provides protection only from poison state; it can't block poison damage type without also blocking damage taken from disease).

Archived