Healing

Guest amuletts

Guest amuletts

Gavin always tries to heal the PC, and, lovely as it is, it is very awkward in certain situations. Such as when I'm trying to get mages to waste their spells by running my PC around with protection from magic up whilst Gavin and co. wait invisibly. Then Gavin rushes out, casts a healing spell (that doesn't work anyway) and gets Magic Missled to death whilst I yell "IDIOT!" at the screen. And he'll ignore my commands. He'll half cast spells then interrupt them to heal my PC. He won't even take a moment to heal himself when he is on 1 hit point and my PC still has half of hers left! It's nice that he's so protective - but suicidal?

I thought it might be his AI, so I changed it. Then I switched it off. He still does the healing thing.

Is there any way to stop him doing it? Not all the time, but temporarily?

I'll see what I can come up with. I might be able to do something along the lines of decompile the existing script, replace the text, and recompile it. That would avoid the nightmare of reinstalling a mod, which is pretty much guaranteed to hose your installation.

This would be a "mod the mod" kind of deal, and it would permanently disable that script block.

Guest amuletts

That would be marvelous! And thank you for the quick response.

Loving Gavin by the way (not literally yet but here's hoping)! He's part of my crack team - only four members allowed.

Sorry that didn't work. It comes up with an Error - Unable to find DIALOG.TLK
Are you sure you unpacked it to the right place, yes the gavin_noheal.exe is a self extracting archive, which means that when you run it, you need to unpack it to your game folder...
Sorry that didn't work. It comes up with an Error - Unable to find DIALOG.TLK

Yeah, that needs to be installed in your game directory. Choosing "run" from the download options won't work, you have to save it first.

If you're still running into trouble, give a shout and we'll try to figure it out.

Guest amuletts

Ah yes it is working! Thank you very much. I think I didn't extract it properly as one of the files ended up in its own little folder where the exe couldn't find it. As soon as I put that in the main directory it worked fine :thumbsup:

Archived