editing IWD spells & adding IWD 2 spells

Guest Guest_latendresse76_*

Guest Guest_latendresse76_*

ok i have been messing with the icewind dale collection i have managed to convert all the iwd spell icons to iwd2 icons and i want to convert come spells to iwd from iwd2 but i haven't figured out the whole 10ft radius,25 ft radius thing going through the spells i had thought that it was the area part but through trial and error i am a bit stumped i though i read some where that the animations are what determines the radius. i have started with the iwd2 spell Executioner's Eyes but it's hard to tell if it's really working also has any one found the pottrate icons so that they could be added? if there is a manual or tutorial for DLTCEP that covers items i would love to know where to find it

thanks

Not the animations, but the projectiles that determine the AOE.

Sadly only BG2 has custom projectiles. (Or GemRB based IWD).

I'm not entirely sure, but i think you talk about states.bam/states2.bam?

I think it is possible to mod that file, and add some new icons, but there is limited space.

The number of cycles cannot exceed 255 in that file.

Not the animations, but the projectiles that determine the AOE.

Sadly only BG2 has custom projectiles. (Or GemRB based IWD).

I'm not entirely sure, but i think you talk about states.bam/states2.bam?

I think it is possible to mod that file, and add some new icons, but there is limited space.

The number of cycles cannot exceed 255 in that file.

i meant the projectile for the animation i kinda figured that when making the arrows of detonation from iwd for iwd2 it didn't work till i found the proper projectile (animation).

on another note does WeiDu when writing in made items extend the strref count or just use another file to store the descriptions?

i have been using some of the blank strref for items/spells i have made and wondered if it might interfere some where in the game?

i have been meaning to learn it but haven't had many changes that i have thought to distribute being that i'm kinda a noob at it. my knowledge of it may grow when i get the bg games again also has any one tried borrowing stuff from kotor and implementing it in to any of the bg/iwd games?

weidu has intelligent strref management. I don't know the exact way, but i think it uses the first exact match for a string, and creates a new entry if it didn't find one.

Don't use empty but allocated entries.

The best way to create items is to have a development install and a clean install.

Create the item in the dev. install, build a tp2 (dltcep can export an item in tp2 format), then import it into the clean install.

(dltcep can export an item in tp2 format)
Just out of interest, could you give me the exact steps or show me a link that has them... as I always use the exported .itm files copied from the mod files to override, well mostly... :thumbsup:

i second that! i have found a few things on packaging for distribution but it all tends to be for much larger projects like NPC's and store mods which tend to give a lot of information to sort through.

Archived