Minor concern with assassin at FAI

Gay Lord

I recently added SCS to my game and I've noticed something with the fourth assassin at the FAI. Previously, one possible tactic was to lead him to the guards and they would fight each other. He wouldn't cast spells at them, but he would swing his staff. Now, he completely ignores the guards, even though they're attacking him.

It appears that he locks on to the party and focuses on attacking us while ignoring everybody else. Even if we manage to run away, he'll just stand there doing nothing while the guards beat on him until he dies. That's silly.

I don't know if this is particular to him or not, but I imagine that there are similar situations down the road where red guys will ignore blue guys attacking them. I'd like to suggest altering this to have red guys attack blue if they're being attacked by them.

With that said, I otherwise like SCS so far, and I'm glad that Tarnesh was dropped from 5th to 4th level, to reduce his deadly magic missiles. Great mod!

That sucks. It would be nice if casters dumped their spells onto guards... but I understand doing so may make battles easier for the party. However, even whacking guards with weapons is better than nothing. Tarnesh usually killed all three guards at FAI with nary a scratch before SCS. At the very least, that's guard armor you can loot.

It's more a technical problem than anything else. Scripts need to be specifically written to target blue-circled creatures. I don't want to do this with the generic scripts because 99% of the time there aren't any blue-circled creatures around, so it would just be unnecessary bloat. I'll look into making Tarnesh and Nimbul do it.

PS: I'm shocked at the rank ingratitude shown by those who repay those heroic guards who sacrifice themselves for you, by robbing their corpses. Have you no shame? :)

Oh absolutely. I often cry out in suffering for their deaths... that, or the backbreaking pain from carrying all the extra coin from selling their stuff. :)

My only thought was that Tarnesh often wiped out my whole party with his L5 magic missiles. Getting him to fight the guards at least weakened him somewhat. Now being L4, he's easier to handle. Nimbul might even be able to go up a level or two if he's going to fight the guards as well. He could charm several of the guards to fight each other... or you.

Archived