Why am I getting a NVROL?

berelinde

I've been puzzling over this for hours, and I'm getting nowhere. Maybe I just need a fresh set of eyes. When this plays in game, it plays correctly, but I get a No Valid Replies or Links. The conversation is supposed to just end here.

Ordinarily, I would have just done a COPY_TRANS here, but I can't because the whole reason I'm fooling with it at all is because I want to avoid the journal entry relating to Bodhi. I'm adding my own journal entries in the state before.

INTERJECT ARNWAR08 7 b_tizzak

== ARNWAR08 IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN ~I am somewhat worse for wear so I shall have to take my leave of you. Best of luck and thanks for saving me.~

END

This is the state it links into.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from: 6.0

SAY #39275 /* ~As to the key, I know not where it is but I do know that Aran's most trusted advisor is a wizard called Haz. He may have a key if he is in the compound.~ */

IF ~~ THEN GOTO 8

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 7.0

SAY #39276 /* ~I am somewhat worse for wear so I shall have to take my leave of you. Best of luck and thanks for saving me.~ */

IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()~ UNSOLVED_JOURNAL #7012 /* ~Perform Bodhi's tasks to receive her aid.

I found Bodhi's man, Tizzak, who informed me the only way into Aran's inner sanctum is through two magical doors. The first is opened by pressing a button... which exists at the end of a trapped hallway to the north. The second is opened by a key... he did not know where it was, but suggested that a wizard named Haz might possess it.~ */ EXIT

END

Remind me please - why is this not an I_C_T? You could do the bg1npc thing and (mis)use I_C_T stuff to redirect the flow, too, by EXTERN'ing to a new state.

Because INTERJECT without a COPY_TRANS breaks the flow, but i don't see the spot for the EXIT to be indicated to WeiDU.

OH!!!! Hold on....

INTERJECT IDRYAD1 1 MinscDryad
 == MINSCJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Minsc")~ THEN
~Boo is outraged that the strange wizard would own these lovely ladies!
Can Minsc and Boo help you nice girls?~
END IDRYAD2 1

so wouldn't it be important to do the terminating state? I somehow think that the INTERJECT is looking for a space to go to, and can't resolve it.

In fact, I would break it completely and rebuild state old-skool, so EXTEND_BOTTOM the thing with IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN ~I am somewhat worse for wear so I shall have to take my leave of you. Best of luck and thanks for saving me.~ DO ~EraseJournalEntry()~ JOURNAL, etc.

and/or carry on with the new states.

Back when we were doing Romantic Encounters, we found that when the transition was a GOTO, using an E_B didn't work. The GOTO executed before the E_B kicked in.

Though... Hmmm. Maybe instead of the INTERJECT, I could try an A_T_T combined with an E_B. It's worth a shot. I'll report back.

Apart from that, though, the rest of the mod is ready for beta testing.

OK, this is what actually worked.

== ARNWAR08 IF ~Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",7)~ THEN ~I am somewhat worse for wear so I shall have to take my leave of you.~

END ARNWAR08 tiz3

== ARNWAR08 IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN ~I am somewhat worse for wear so I shall have to take my leave of you.~

END ARNWAR08 tiz3

IF ~~ tiz3

SAY ~Best of luck and thanks for saving me.~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT

END

Archived