GTU Light

Wisp

Good stuff. It has all been accounted for except one item:

Cool.

Can you elaborate? The verb about face looks to be used unobjectionably here.

Strike it up as something I learned then. I didn’t know that verb yet!

Some more:

Cernd – “I…I don’t know why you to say that, but I assure you it is I. (…)”

Messenger – “I have a message for you, Miss Nalia from the residents of the Family Arnise estate. I must get (…)”

-> Perhaps add a second comma after ‘Miss Nalia’?

(Journal – Quests – Nalia’s Father’s Funeral)

“(…) there is more to his demands than meet the eye.”

-> Is this correct?

Galvarey – “You are astute. What could possibly overshadow (…)”

-> Too many spaces here.

Corneil – “What is it you wish? You are obviously out of place, here, so unless you have pressing business I am very busy and do not wish to be bothered by such as you.”

-> Remove the first comma maybe?

Viconia – “Your pity and endowments only serve to perpetuate their condition and (…)”

-> Multiple spaces midsentence.

Book Merchant – “Aye, that it has, though there have been quite a few old books turn up around here to make it worthwhile. (…)”

Madulf – “Me Madulf… lead fellows from great army (…)”

A2- You’re deserters from the Sythillisian Empire? How do expect to live up here?

Madulf – “Madulf no knows. Maybe wolves. (…)”

A2- I see. So you’re band is no better off then the village. (…)”

Madulf – “Humans let us stay (…)”

A1- I’m not about to bring to broker a deal of any kind! Forget it!”

Amuana – “I… will go, now, to rejoin my Keeper of the Eternal Sun. (…)”

-> No comma would be better, I think.

Madulf – “It is good to see again, human. (…)”

Technically correct but I think it should be ‘to see you again’.

Nelleck – “Yer a mighty respectible sort, I suppose. (…)”

-> Do you think this was intended?

Edwin – “Should you collect your wits and realize that you would profit from my magical talents… (as would I, which is the only reason I would travel with these simians)… you can find me at the Copper Coronet.”

-> I think Edwin means to say he in turn would profit from the skills of the PC/party.

Caehan – “Ease up, Jaylos. Maybe they is here for the same reason we are. Lots were talking about making the switch.”

-> This might be just his regular speech. From the few other lines that he has, I think it’s a mistake though. It’s not very clear whether it’s intended or not.

About the Journal – Quests entries: most times they have a punctuation mark at the end of the entry, but sometimes they don’t. For example, ‘Save Mazzy’s sister, Pala’ doesn’t have one. And neither do ‘Ruling the de’Arnise Keep and Lands’ and ‘The Dueling Families of Trademeet’. On a related note, the use of capitals in the entry names is also inconsistent.

Overgold Renwellyn – “This is a highly unusual request. Barl’s privacy must be respected… but if it clear things up, perhaps I could search his chambers.”

Vara Fentan – “Welcome home, daughter. Do your return bearing good tidings?”

Pala Fentan – “I am told you are true heroes in Trademeet… nothing could make me happier that Mazzy stands as one amongst you.”

Valen – “She has watched you for a time (…) she offers a solution to your problems of * privacy… among others.”

-> At the asterisk sign the dialogue appears to skip to the line below.

Viconia – “Oh, do not look at me in such a manner. (…)”

A3- Oh, get away from me, already. I tire of you ridiculous games.

Galvarey – “You are astute. What could possibly overshadow (…)”

-> Too many spaces here.

Viconia – “Your pity and endowments only serve to perpetuate their condition and (…)”

-> Multiple spaces midsentence.

After reviewing it another time, I can only conclude my original assessment was correct: spaces are a lost cause. There is just too much to fix (and of questionable significance) for it to still be the GTUL. I have, however, fixed the instances of 4+ spaces, because they were a mere handful and a bit too egregious.

Madulf – “Humans let us stay (…)”

A1- I’m not about to bring to broker a deal of any kind! Forget it!”

"Bring to broker" is correct, as far as I am aware.

Edwin – “Should you collect your wits and realize that you would profit from my magical talents… (as would I, which is the only reason I would travel with these simians)… you can find me at the Copper Coronet.”

-> I think Edwin means to say he in turn would profit from the skills of the PC/party.

I am inclined to leave this (as a S-M-R-T moment, if you will). Real people do occasionally use technically incorrect language, after all.

Madulf – “It is good to see again, human. (…)”

Technically correct but I think it should be ‘to see you again’.

Caehan – “Ease up, Jaylos. Maybe they is here for the same reason we are. Lots were talking about making the switch.”

-> This might be just his regular speech. From the few other lines that he has, I think it’s a mistake though. It’s not very clear whether it’s intended or not.

I think these fall under intentional. Madulf's "s good to see again, <RACE>" does not particularly stand out in his dialogue and "they is" seems like an odd mistake to make and Caehan is a bit goofy.

Pala Fentan – “I am told you are true heroes in Trademeet… nothing could make me happier that Mazzy stands as one amongst you.”

I'm inclined to say this is fine.

About the Journal – Quests entries: most times they have a punctuation mark at the end of the entry, but sometimes they don’t. For example, ‘Save Mazzy’s sister, Pala’ doesn’t have one. And neither do ‘Ruling the de’Arnise Keep and Lands’ and ‘The Dueling Families of Trademeet’. On a related note, the use of capitals in the entry names is also inconsistent.

Valen – “She has watched you for a time (…) she offers a solution to your problems of * privacy… among others.”

-> At the asterisk sign the dialogue appears to skip to the line below.

Bioware wrote journal entries both ways; presumably different authors used different conventions. I don't see it as a big issue, so I'm personally inclined to leave things as they are. Contending opinions, anyone?

The Valen thing is probably the result of word-wrapping due to there being no space on either side of the faux-ellipsis. This is also hugely inconsistent and not something I think the GTUL should concern itself with.

The rest have been accounted for.

Archived