BG1 error on AR3321 with newest WideScreen Mod

Zed Nocear

With newest WideScreen Mod 2.31 (2.40 in readme) in BG1+TotSC the area AR3321 (Travenhurst Manor, 2nd floor in Beregost) looks normal but walls and search region are broken/shifted and location is not playable.

I am sure, in earlier versions (but which?) of WSM it was all OK.

Probably the resolution is not important.

I make the tests once again on two separate installations (game folders):

1/installation of clean BG1+TotSC DVD

2/BGmain2.exe replaced to version 5512

3/instalation of WSM 2.31, fresh downloaded from G3

a/ in 1024x600

b/ in 1280x768

4/ made a new game>new character

5/ after start the game CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3320") and gone upstairs to AR3321.

6/ Error with character's movement exists in both resolutions. I made some pictures that demonstrate the problem.

BG1-WS231-1024x600a.jpg

BG1-WS231-1024x600b.jpg

BG1-WS231-1024x600c.jpg

BG1-WS231-1280x768a.jpg

BG1-WS231-1280x768b.jpg

Probably the resolution is not important.

If I asked you for the resolution, it means that I have reasons to believe it is relevant to the problem. :)

In fact, I couldn't reproduce the problem at 1366x768, but could easily reproduce and fix at 1024x600. Can you see if overwriting widescreen/libsmall/patch_bmp.tpa with this file and reinstalling fixes the problem for you? It shouldn't break savegame compatibility against 2.40 (but it will break savegame compatibility against 2.20).

Yes, than you! It works.

The file fixes the problem in both resolutions 1024x600 and 1280x768.

Sorry for my stupid answer with importance of resolution. I think so, because the error occurred in all few resolution, what I checked. I have made small GUI for BG1&WSM, that works in resolutions 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 and 1280x800 (just simple pack of edited CHU and MOS). Despite I don't use another resolution. With WSM instaled and without additional BGmain2.exe code changes the sliders in graphical option menu don't work out of range 640x480. If windows are centered, in resolution 1366x768 the sliders are cutted. Maybe you can find solution for this?

Should we expect a new version of WSMod?

Maybe you can find solution for this?

I believe the ranges are handled in the *.chu files; even if they aren't, I don't have the skill needed to figure out exe patches on my own.

Should we expect a new version of WSMod?

Yes, soon - I need to update WeiDU first.

Guest Seether

Hello.

I just installed Widescreen mode for 1280x800 resolution for BG1 with TotSC. It works ok, but the UI is off, just like the images in this particular thread:

BG1-WS231-1024x600a.jpg.

I want to ask if there is any way of getting the UI to show correctly - like on this picture?

Baldr001-1.jpg

I read something that mods named BGT or easytuty can fix it, but iam not familiar with them, and from what i've seen, i need both BG1 and BG2 installed (if iam correct...) to have this mods.

Can someone please give me advice how to fix the UI (preferably only with BG1 installed)?

Thanks in advance.

The kind of display you get for Baldur's Gate is the best you can get so far. Getting any improvement over this (i.e. getting the dialog window to expand and the surrounding graphic to join with the right hand side, any centering of the other windows) requires heavy patching of the game executable.

Unless someone contributes the executable patches and a set of other files, as was the case for Planescape: Torment (see Ghostdog mod and scient patches), you won't get any better with Baldur's Gate, as the bigg already wrote a few messages above.

I guess the fact that people can use either BG1Tutu or BGT to get a workaround doesn't help: since there is a workaround, why bother spending a lot of time finding the executable patches, which requires a lot of trials and errors.

The kind of display you get for Baldur's Gate is the best you can get so far. Getting any improvement over this (i.e. getting the dialog window to expand and the surrounding graphic to join with the right hand side, any centering of the other windows) requires heavy patching of the game executable.

Unless someone contributes the executable patches and a set of other files, as was the case for Planescape: Torment (see Ghostdog mod and scient patches), you won't get any better with Baldur's Gate, as the bigg already wrote a few messages above.

Maybe somebody has tried to do this. :p

fixedo.jpg

fixed2.jpg

Try this, if you want.

Hi There

The link to Zed's mod seems to be down ....has someone got a valid link to his mod ?

Thx

It works for me... it's direct download link that gives you a .rar -archive to download, so the browser or something might give you some cheese...

Archived