Diablo 2 like Game possible?

Mikr2006

Hi there guys, I haven't posted in a while due to college, work, and things of that nature and I was curious if it's possible to build a simple dungeon crawler similar to Diablo 1 and 2 with gemrb.

The coding aspect is not as bad for me. I am willing to learn python (A programming language I really enjoy for it's simplicity and straightforwardness) when I have time off.

Another question: What python resources should I go to learn programming in python (Specifically in 2d simple game development alongside with gemrb.) The 3d art and graphic design I am well versed in due to years of practice in those on and off school but it is just the coding that I need to learn. Once again I am willing to learn python in reference to creating a game in Gemrb.

Thank you for your time.

Michael T Pitre

I think a diablo 2 like mod is possible even with the original game.

You would not get long scrolling areas, but you could have as many as you want.

And copious spawns. With creatures differing only in stats and color. And random drops.

Diablo 2 is < than the IE.

Ok, one thing, the enchantable weapons is not implemented in the IE.

I started implementation of that, but didn't finish.

It will need an extension of the item entry in creatures/stores/areas, and i'm still unsure how to go

about that to preserve compatibility.

I think a diablo 2 like mod is possible even with the original game.

You would not get long scrolling areas, but you could have as many as you want.

And copious spawns. With creatures differing only in stats and color. And random drops.

Diablo 2 is < than the IE.

Ok, one thing, the enchantable weapons is not implemented in the IE.

I started implementation of that, but didn't finish.

It will need an extension of the item entry in creatures/stores/areas, and i'm still unsure how to go

about that to preserve compatibility.

Cool Idea, I forgot about that. Might fire up my old Diablo 2 cds and try to make some mods. Thanks Avenger :p

Archived