v14 issues

Lollorian

fix.tph // Traps no longer get set off by monsters

Due to this "fix" the hapless Tourist in Durlag's Tower won't get torched. If this behaviour is intended, wouldn't it be better to replace Entered([ANYONE]) with

OR(2)
Entered([GOODCUTOFF])
Entered([NEUTRAL])

?

UPDATE: This time its dw#melee.bcs, this script breaks if creatures with this script fight against a single PC with stoneskins. These creatures won't attack at all, all they do is stand around and do some randomwalk()s. This is especially galling in the case of Skeleton Warriors. These creatures have the capability to strip those stoneskins without to much effort, but due to dw#melee.bcs they die without putting up much of a fight.

Dw#range.bcs has the same problems. Unless this gets rectified it's probably better to skip the assignment of these scripts altogether.

Those were only the first two scripts where I noticed this problem. This isn't limited just to these scripts, it seems that every script modified by SCS has this problem.

All problems occured with a Fighter/Mage/Thief PC, it seems to work fine for every other class.

Solved. Too many mods with too many items with hidden special effects.

10th

Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes anyway.

Found a couple of minor things on the 3rd basement floor of Durlag's Tower. The first, which is probably not an SCS issue, but I'll put it here anyway because I'm not entirely sure what causes it: -

If you fight the fission slime last in the four elemental tests, it teleports you to the chess puzzle after you kill it with melee weapons, despite the fact that it spawns two more if you kill it like this. This is only an issue if you fight it last of course, but it can save you important fireball spells and potions which are very useful indeed in the chess battle. (In fact, the potions are the only reason I beat it earlier, getting yourself surrounded and letting one go while immune to fire is a very useful, if not particularly "honest" way to fight)

Secondly, the Queen in the chess game is not immune to lightning. The other 15 pieces are immune, so a player could make a party member drink a potion of absorption and potion of invisibility and intentionally trigger the lightning to hit the Queen, who of course won't move if you're invisible. Again, something that will help you to win if playing a solo or reduced party game.

These are the only two things I've found so far, and I'm in Chapter 7.

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5043 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests pre-buff breaks Jaheira's quest from BG1NPC. It replaces x#mareth.bcs (override script), which controls the final stage of Jaheira's quest, with DW#1DRU2.bcs, without reassigning x#mareth.bcs to another script slot.

10th

The Cult Archers in the ambush when returning to Ulgoth's Beard after retrieving the Soultaker dagger do nothing but stand completely still and cannot be targetted by physical attacks. (The game will "Auto-Pause:Target Gone" should you have this option enabled.)

Edit - I just managed to kill them, it seems that if you target them, they will attack you in retaliation. The behaviour is still a bit odd though.

No, the order doesn't need to be changed.

The part that was erroring was a macro, which is defined in mage.tph and launched by the component-specific tph. A macro needs to be defined before it is invoked (e.g. by including mage.tph before the component-specific tph), but some component-specific tph files are themselves macro definitions (e.g. cult.tph) and those macros, which invoke macros from e.g. mage.tph, are launched after all the macros have been defined, so it's all right (probably).

Replying a bit late to this: unless I'm misremembering, every *.tph file in SCS and SCSII, with the possible exception of one or two that I took over verbatim from the old SCS-BGT or from BG1NPC, is a macro definition. So whenever I call a .tph file, all I'm doing is defining more macros. The only actual primary code is in the tp2 file.

(My -admittedly limited- programming education says that's the best way to stay on top of the dependencies in your code.)

Archived