Price Increase Options

Raiken

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the amount to increase the prices of the Gaelen Bayle and Magic License components?

I haven't played the game in a long while so I can't recall what kind of money you can expect to get at the end of chapter 2 if you've done pretty much all the quests and some of the stronghold quests. I understand the price will be lowered for either the Shadow Thieves or Bodhi's help as per vanilla BG 2, and I recall reading something about it being reduced to 90,000 gp if you selected the maximum of 120,000 gp?

I just don't want to set an impossible amount, but I want an RP reason to not rush to Spellhold to rescue Imoen. Would setting Gaelen Bayle's help to 120,000 gp and the Magic License to 50,000 gp be too much money to find?

Also, I've just finished BG 1 and I'd like to thank DavidW for the hard work he's put into SCS. :p

I use 120 000 and 50 000 but almost impossible to buy license, even after done almost all quest. (well maybe it's possiblle if you don't buy a single magic item, but then it's not very funny)

120 000 (90 000 in fact considering price is reduced) is ok Imo considering you get some nice magic item immediately after joining Bodhi or Aran...

For my next game, I think I will use 120 000 and 30 000

Well, if you remember, the original prices were 20 000gps(which is then reduced to 15 000gps) for the Gaelen Bayle/Bodhi's help and the magic license was 5 000gps, I would definitely say that if you go with almost original game, you'll most likely be cheating to gain even the 90 000 gold, especially if you have only 1 stronghold and don't want to do every single quest ever invented. Remember that some of the options are there for seriously modified games, not for the original one. Especially if you wish to buy something.

Thanks for the replies. :p

I do tend to be very thorough, so I'll aim to do 99% of the quests. I won't do strongholds that I don't feel apply to my character's class, but there are still at least four that I'm aiming to do. As for buying items, there aren't many things I plan to get off the top of my head, as in roleplaying terms it doesn't make sense to spend more of the party's money than is neccessary if rescuing Imoen is a priority.

I think maybe maxing out the options to 120,000 gp and 50,000 gp isn't wise in that case, so I'll go for something lower. I'll just take a chance that whatever I pick will allow me some extra cash and require me to do the entirety of chapter 2.

As an aside, In BG 1 I ended up with about 220,000 gp, and probably spent at least 50,000 on a few magic items and potions. Given how magic items are more common in BG 2 and I know which ones I'm planning to use, then there should be plenty to sell.

Archived