So far so.....WOW! And a couple of questions.

Ankhesenpaaten

I just have to say that I'm not done with either of my games yet, but so far...wow! I mean, really, berelinde, wow! :) I absolutely adore Gavin, LOVE how the Miranda and Lanie storyline plays, and absolutely adore the flirts and of course, my fave is the "will you come to my bed tonight?" :laugh: Nice and sensual, not overly explicit, but very lovely and even playful.

I just have 2 questions, tho.

From the readme, it says I can romance both Anomen and Edwin. Great, and it's working. And Gavin reacts to romantic encounters, when I have the heart to even do them, but will doing them resort to the normal breaking off of Anomen's romance, or did you change that with this mod?

Also, why are the pc and Gavin "engaged" when they were actually married in BG1? It feels odd to only be engaged when I last woke up to "Good morning, Ankhesenpaaten Mor." Or will that be answered later?

I'm on a NE evil path and the talks have stopped, but that's probably because I should have set them further apart. Of course that doesn't change the fact that he proposed to my PC and her alignment still reads NE. Is that right? Just want to make sure.

Oh, and was it okay to sell the ring as the evil path can only have a new romance? I think the description said it was, but I want to make sure. Plus, another odd thing is Gavin never mentions the ring. Is that because in such a case the stuff you find is supposed to be "not our gear" as Immy says in the Dungeon, and the ring isn't supposed to have belonged to Gavin at any point?

Oh, and again, thanks for such a wonderful character! I just adore him! You are a wonderful modder. Thank you.

From the readme, it says I can romance both Anomen and Edwin. Great, and it's working. And Gavin reacts to romantic encounters, when I have the heart to even do them, but will doing them resort to the normal breaking off of Anomen's romance, or did you change that with this mod?
The multi-romance cheat prevents Gavin from breaking of the relationship because you've committed to Anomen or Edwin. The multi-romance cheat prevents Anomen or Edwin from breaking off with you because you've committed to Gavin. The multi-romance cheat enables to enjoy and even confess to all the romantic encounters without Gavin dumping you over it. I should still point out that confessing to an RE encounter will cause B!GavLove to drop by one point. If your relationship is committed, this is no big deal, but if it drops below 13, you won't get some of the juicier flirts. Also Gavin will still give you the silent treatment for a few days if you confess too many. He'll even say that he's breaking up with you, but he won't.

Anomen's behavior is controlled by Romantic Encounters. It would have been inappropriate for me to alter that.

Also, why are the pc and Gavin "engaged" when they were actually married in BG1? It feels odd to only be engaged when I last woke up to "Good morning, Ankhesenpaaten Mor." Or will that be answered later?
That was a necessary evil, I'm afraid. I've already got 4 romance paths (5 if you count "just friends"). I didn't want to add another one. If you want, you can talk to him about it.

I'm on a NE evil path and the talks have stopped, but that's probably because I should have set them further apart. Of course that doesn't change the fact that he proposed to my PC and her alignment still reads NE. Is that right? Just want to make sure.
Woops, that's a bug, all right. I was trying to avoid adding 3 blocks to baldur.bcs, but it looks like I'll have to do that after all. Apparently ActionOverride(Player1,ChangeAlignment()) doesn't work in the dialogue. There are a lot of actions that work from script but not from the dialogue file, so that doesn't really surprise me.

If you want to be sure that you've gotten all the talks that you're due, you can check yourself. In the mod folder, you'll find a sub-folder called talks.txt. In it are the first lines of all the talks as well as the conditions for all of the floaters. There are only 16 timered talks, the same as Anomen, so if you're running with less than 1 hour between talks, you'll run out of talks before Anomen will. There are 7 floaters, I believe.

Oh, and was it okay to sell the ring as the evil path can only have a new romance? I think the description said it was, but I want to make sure. Plus, another odd thing is Gavin never mentions the ring. Is that because in such a case the stuff you find is supposed to be "not our gear" as Immy says in the Dungeon, and the ring isn't supposed to have belonged to Gavin at any point?
If you didn't recognize the ring, Gavin won't, either. Why would he? It will have never been in his possession. Even if you did recognize the ring, if you're wearing it, he won't ask because you're wearing it, and if you aren't wearing it, he won't ask because he'll assume that it was stolen along with your other gear, so he won't want to remind you of something painful.

Anyway, I've got some other things to fix. Apparently, when I uploaded v1, I accidentally packaged alpha 42 instead of alpha 43, so some of the bugs that got fixed during that last playthrough are still present in the mod. My apologies to everyone concerned.

Archived