Planescape Torment (2 CD version)

lac

I have the two CD version of Planescape Torment. My computer is an imb thinkpad x40 running windows XP pro, and I have no plans to upgrade its operating system to vista or windows 7. I would like to make a full install, so I don't have to use a CD at all. My laptop doesn't really have a CD drive, and I don't want to have to carry around the docking station just to play PST. I am trying to follow the instructions here:

http://www.bootstrike.com/Torment/files.html

but I don't know how to copy the contents of CD 2 to a directory. When I put CD 2 into my CD drive and take a look there, there doesn't appear to be any files there. So it must be all one big chunk of data, and I don't know how to read it, nor how to phrase the question in such a way that Google can give me the answer. My real problem is that what I know about windows xp probably fits comfortably on a postage stamp.

Can somebody here who has already done this (there must be one of you here :-) ) explain to me what I need to do?

Thanks very much.

Oooops. In the grand tradition of 'you never find the fix until after you have posted the note that

makes you look like an idiot', it turned out that some anti-virus software I had downloaded to get rid of a very real virus I had on this machine (which made internet explorer pop up more or less constantly with links to some place in Japan) had protected my cd drive so that I could not dl, or look at anything from there. Now I get a nice 'cd2' mapp which I can copy as usual.

Sorry for the weird question.

Laura

Good to know, since I have the 2-cd version also but have never done a full install (which has always bugged me since I haven't been able to see the area maps with modding tools inasmuch as they're still on cd).

Archived