BGII-TOB problems in OS X

Guest Millenniumman

Guest Millenniumman

I've been looking at gemrb thinking about porting it to the iPhone. So I decided to download and try it out, but it doesn't seem to work as well as the newest reports indicate, even after I was able to hack it enough to compile and run. Aganazzers scorcher kills the caster. Sometimes casting of spells with stop halfway (leaving it still memorized). I didn't test a whole lot, just starting SOA and messing around. Maybe these are issues with my compilation or Mac OS X? Cause it seems like people are actually playing the game with gemrb, and only reporting minor issues, but it definitely wasn't working that well (or as well as wine, which is how I play BG now).

I'm pretty sure the spellcasting issues are common and gemrb definitely still can't fully compare to the originals. Some of the effects and projectiles are buggy or incomplete, we don't support bg2-style magic resistance and probably more. I haven't experienced the second problem though.

edit: scorcher now doesn't harm the caster.

Guest Millenniumman

Ah okay. I was using the latest git sources. I'm curious how far you think the project is from working pretty much like the original BG/BG2, and if there's a lot of current involvement. I'm a nearly competent C/C++ programmer, and I think Baldur's Gate would be a really neat game for iPhone or Android.

bg1 and iwd1 are the most working two, since they're a bit simpler than the rest. Both have been already played through. Any help to make them even better would be appreciated. :suspect:

Archived