v13 bug reports.

Ardanis

Some of these were probably already reported.

1) SEWRAK01 & TRRAK01 & TRRAK02 - cast at 1st level (single Magic Missile). Dunno what's the case, I thought it was due to non-spellcasting class, but I've tried setting their class to 'mage' and it didn't help :suspect:

2) scsii/misc/undeadscrolls.tph & scsii/genie/genie.tph ('genie_core') & scsii/spell/spell.tph ('insect_plague') & maybe somewhere else:

The string in msectype.2da contains the exact text. If the string says 'My New Sectype' then this is what you'll see, not 'My New Sectype Removed'. You probably want to use 'Protection From Undead Dispelled', 'Fire Shield Vanished', 'Freed From Insects', or similar.

This is essentially Nythrun's macro, I've only fixed it and updated to be slightly more functional

DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION ag#add_sectype
 RET sectype
BEGIN
<<<<<<<<ag#sectype_desc.tph
SPRINT desc %desc%
>>>>>>>>
COPY - ~ag#sectype_desc.tph~ override EVAL
COPY_EXISTING msectype.2da override
 COUNT_2DA_ROWS 2 rows
 present=0
 FOR (i=0;i<rows;i+=1) BEGIN
READ_2DA_ENTRY i 0 2 entry
PATCH_IF ~%entry%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~%name%~ BEGIN
  sectype=i - 1
  present=i
END
 END
 PATCH_IF present=0 BEGIN
INSERT_2DA_ROW rows 2 ~%name% ag#sectype_desc~
PATCH_REINCLUDE ~override/ag#sectype_desc.tph~
REPLACE ~ag#sectype_desc~ ~%desc%~
sectype=rows - 1
 END
BUT_ONLY
END

// either
// LAF ag#add_sectype STR_VAR desc=~~~~~@insert_your_tra_strref~~~~~ name=MyNewSectype RET custom_variable_to_use_outside=sectype END

// or
// LAF ag#add_sectype STR_VAR desc=~~~~~#insert_dialog_tlk_strref~~~~~ name=MyNewSectype RET custom_variable_to_use_outside=sectype END

3) scsii/misc/detectcloud.tph - SR changes Meteor Swarm (spwi911) to instant.

4) scsii/mage/mage.tph, 'sort_out_misc_scripts':

IR allows spellcasting in Shadow Armor, so Maevar can keep it on (needs to ask Demi if he has changed it for v3).

You forgot to extend the 'ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/dw#vecna.mrk~ THEN BEGIN' with 'OR MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~item_rev/item_rev.tp2~ 0' in the Azamantes block.

5) Haz (Ch.3) tries to Oracle out hidden PCs when they meet with him in Graveyard catacombs. Probably not worth the time, however.

6) scsii/misc/golem.tph:

'golem_ranges' - writes the value read a moment before, you probably meant to write 2.

I can NOT explain it in details, since I've never ever been trying to patch bams, but as far as the ingame observation goes, golems may disappear for a sec when casting. Besides, I personally have no problem with golems' animation. Never even gave it a thought in truth, until you've brought it up... :)

You also forgot to add 'dw#vigol' (WoP) to the list.

Shouldn't golems also have 100% poison resistance? Immune to magic they may be, but there're weapons dealing direct poison damage (i.e. Flail of Ages).

7) Faster Bears - was there any particular reason not to patch CREs instead of scripting them? Your code also leaves SR's bears (beardisu) abroad.

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.cre~ override
 READ_SHORT 0x28 anim
 PATCH_IF anim=0x7200 || anim=0x7201 || anim=0x7202 || anim=0x7203 BEGIN
LPF ADD_CRE_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode=176 timing=9 target=1 parameter1=8 parameter2=1 END
 END
BUT_ONLY

8) scsii/abazigal/abazigal.tph:

At the bottom, when checking for insta-casting, you patch 'dw#abbl1' twice, one of them should be changed to 'dw#abbl2'.

'dw#abbl1', 'dw#abbl2' - they don't get any HP increase??? 200 sounds real low. They also don't get ToB immunities to death and impris.

'dw#abdgy' doesn't get immunities either, and 'dw#abgre' is only immune to impris but not to death.

dempit01->dw#bazpf & ar6008add.baf - the first CRE is a Spellhold Maze portal demon, who apparently wasn't improved by the Fiend component on purpose.

9) When you add an effect to creatures, using timing mode 9 instead of 1 may be a good idea, otherwise CTRL-R will remove it. I know, the most obvious answer would be 'don't CTRL-R them', but you still might want to keep it in mind for future additions.

10) scsii/dragon/dragon.tph & scsii/misc/golem.tph - in 'LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~ADD_CRE_EFFECT~' you need to set 'timing=1' (better 9, see above), not 'duration=1'.

11) scsii/misc/nochunk.tph - doesn't work at all. I'm a bit surprised nobody have taken a notice, it's in such a state since v10 BETA.

First, you need to add NULL to this line

READ_ASCII 0x280 ~deathvar~ (18)

Second, you don't have the 'update_offset' macro defined anywhere. It would normally crash the install, but due to the NULL missing it never gets to try and execute the missing macro.

12) Not a bug, but just asannoying.

Edwin's Nether Scroll quest, 'nevaziah.cre' - bastard have dumped no less than two Balors at once on my head. There are many things I can understand and tolerate, even Edwin's whining because now we can't just walk in and take the scroll as we used to. But this case is special imo - after the party recovers the scroll it takes a total of 17 days for Edwin's quest to finish. In other words, by the time the party can take on a 20th level lich they may find little else to do afterwards other than wait for Edwin to turn back male. And if they don't, he risks to stay female till the end of game, as it needs to be <Ch.7 for him to get cured.

I don't know, fix the lich at 15-16 maybe. Because I can't imagine a way for 10-12 level party to beat two Balors and a lich farting Abi-Dalzims round himself with Summon Fiend up his sleeve. I'm sure there're folks who can pull that off like nobody's business, but I for one find it slightly more than I'd bargain for.

13) scsii/fiend/fiend.tph - following CREs receive no upgrade:

demosum1 -> dw#grmar (WoP)

demosum2 -> dw#grbal (WoP)

demosum3 -> dw#grgla (WoP)

gorbat05 -> dw#vibon (WoP)

telbal1 -> dw#basum, is created only 28 lines above the 'telbal1' getting improved. Since it's used for the Gate spell, I assume it's a mistake, not a deliberate action.

14) You probably will laugh... Or probably you won't... But the 'spellhold_items' still doesn't fully allow for TweakPack's bags, you need to add 'cdammo2' & 'cdpotio2' to the list. Apparently, I was so agitated about the bag list not being correctly built that I've taken no notice of some entries missing altogether. I'm very and terribly sorry...

I assume you'll now have to type the 'really' word in readme both in bold and uppercase :lol:

15) scsii/mage/combatblocks/arrows.ssl & barrage.ssl & flame_arrows.ssl - unless the purpose is to add extra flavour, is there a need to check for Stoneskin when targeting Acid of Flame Arrows? It doesn't block elemental damage, so Acids bypass it completely and Flames lose only 20% in power.

16) scsii/help/help.tph - at near the bottom, 'ar2200.bcs', delete the 'y' char in 'dw#ghjmuy'.

17) scsii/abazigal/multidragon.d - not a bug or matter of importance, but rather a note - you don't need empty 'NeverSay' states, ~BEGIN dw#abbl1

BEGIN dw#abbl2~ is enough to create files.

18) 'pptroll1.cre' & 'eletro01.cre' gulp potions. Dunno where exactly the bug hides, guys are already more than enough custom. 'dw#noptn' to them

or whatever.

19) Spellhold battle, Wanev went hostile on me. I honestly have tried to pin it down, but eventually have lost the track. So long story short, could you either append the first block in 'scsii/mage/generalblocks/gohostile.ssl' with ~!HasItem("dw#mally",Myself)~ line, or REPLACE_TEXTUALLY the offending thing out of dw#wanev & dw#nalje & dw#drade & dw#aphri (& someone else?)? I can buy that a madman may have it a little easier to turn on allies, but they may be equally less inclined to take a notice of the attack source and just pummel Jonny at their leisure.If anything else, such behavior brings back sour memories of planetars turning hostile under Meteor Swarms cast by enemies.

20) 'setup-scsii.tp2', Dragon Immunities - displays the same strref asfor Dragon Staying Power (@218).

Better Calls for Help

Samia in Firkraag's lair has 'gpshout', which turns her hostile as soon as I go to fight wolfweres in the left passage. I think she can safely lose it, since she's all alone there.

Nevaziah

I don't know, fix the lich at 15-16 maybe. Because I can't imagine a way for 10-12 level party to beat two Balors and a lich farting Abi-Dalzims round himself with Summon Fiend up his sleeve. I'm sure there're folks who can pull that off like nobody's business, but I for one find it slightly more than I'd bargain for.
If you ask me a lich of 15th lvl kinda breaks the immersion, as you would expect a lich to be at least an archmage. A much cooler solution imo would be to keep its high lvl, but have him use a "sub-optimal" spellbook:

- use Animate Dead or Mordy Sword instead of demons (Create Undead too if SR is installed, but that would be too much work for you)

- don't use spell protections that would require high lvl spell removals (e.g. Spell Trap would force players to have at least a 14th lvl mage)

- 9th lvl slots can be used for Energy Drain (I know it's a bad choice without SR, but lvl drain is still quite annoying for a low lvl party)

Horrid Wilting may be almost impossible to handle for low lvl parties, but as long as the lich doesn't cast it every 6 seconds there's room to counter it too imo, especially using expensive potions and scrolls though.

Nevaziah
If you ask me a lich of 15th lvl kinda breaks the immersion, as you would expect a lich to be at least an archmage. A much cooler solution imo would be to keep its high lvl, but have him use a "sub-optimal" spellbook:

- use Animate Dead or Mordy Sword instead of demons (Create Undead too if SR is installed, but that would be too much work for you)

- don't use spell protections that would require high lvl spell removals (e.g. Spell Trap would force players to have at least a 14th lvl mage)

- 9th lvl slots can be used for Energy Drain (I know it's a bad choice without SR, but lvl drain is still quite annoying for a low lvl party)

Horrid Wilting may be almost impossible to handle for low lvl parties, but as long as the lich doesn't cast it every 6 seconds there's room to counter it too imo, especially using expensive potions and scrolls though.

18th is probably workable.

Some observations of my own, although this is one of the least buggy, and best mods I have played.

*Spirit trolls still cast their spells when silenced.

*The Chaos creature (druid stronghold) has healing potions, not sure if this is a bug, but it's certainly not a humanoid creature.

*Azamantes the lich uses the same spellbook as vanilla game Azamantes (apart from his contingencies and triggers) if Smarter Mages is installed but if he hasn't been given the robe of Vecna.

*Speaking of seal guardians, the fighter with the final group doesn't use HLA's (though she does in vanilla).

*I got poisoned by a cleric's Storm of Vengeance but no portrait icon for poison is displayed (I guess this is actually a vanilla game issue, unless SCS modifies the .spl files)

Some observations of my own, although this is one of the least buggy, and best mods I have played.

*Spirit trolls still cast their spells when silenced.

*The Chaos creature (druid stronghold) has healing potions, not sure if this is a bug, but it's certainly not a humanoid creature.

*Azamantes the lich uses the same spellbook as vanilla game Azamantes (apart from his contingencies and triggers) if Smarter Mages is installed but if he hasn't been given the robe of Vecna.

*Speaking of seal guardians, the fighter with the final group doesn't use HLA's (though she does in vanilla).

*I got poisoned by a cleric's Storm of Vengeance but no portrait icon for poison is displayed (I guess this is actually a vanilla game issue, unless SCS modifies the .spl files)

Thanks! (though I released v14 - which does doesn't fix any of these, sorry - only a few hours before you posted, so it'll be a while before I fix any of this)

On this Chaos Creature... what actually is it? (I've never played the druid stronghold quest, not with a druid protagonist at any rate)

Chaos is DRSHCH01.CRE, listed as a mist. It's script in combat is FIGMAG10.BCS, which seems to be updated by SCS anyway.

Not a bug, just a suggestion for the next version. Regarding Carsomyr's dispel on hit granting a save, I think that a save vs wands or breath would be better than save vs spells; many wizards have such a low save vs spells that Carsomyr will never remove their protections. The save against dispel might also be extended to the Staff of the Magi.

Everytime a DSotSC Duergar Skeleton Conjurer is encountered I get an almost immediate crash to desktop. I finally narrowed it down to dw#2gcl7.bcs, because replacing it with its original script pries10a.bcs caused no CTD whatsoever. Just to test it, I CLUAed some creatures with the same script and experienced no CTDs.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this, here's the creature file:

http://www.fast-share.com/?d=894E665D1

Relevant WeiDU.log entries for testing:

~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu: v215 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6161 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> All ToB priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6171 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> All SoA priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v13 BWP Fix

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v13 BWP Fix

10thLich

I'm going to close this thread because v14 has been out for a couple of days. (I'd have done so earlier but there was an ongoing conversation.)

@10thLich: I can't really handle bugs in BWP modifications of SCS(II), only bugs in my own version.

Archived