Creating a claw bracer weapon for BGII

ericp07

Hello,

This is a description of an item I'd like to create for BGII (I made one some time ago, but have since deleted old files), and I'd like to know if there's an .itm and a .bam that would be most suitable as a base, so I can create the item using NearInfinity, and then add it to my mod:

"Claws of Malar: These clawlike devices are used by Malar's priests.

The claws weigh 1 lb each, are Small, do Slashing damage, with a Speed

factor of 2. They inflict 1d4 damage each. The priest of

Malar can attack twice per round, once with each hand, using these

weapons without disadvantage."

Once created, I'll need to make it usable by evil priests. It might be overly complicated to set up a "Priest of Malar," so as long as an evil priest can use the item, all will be well.

Please advise. I've looked though some .itm and .bam files (my game is BGII - SoA/ToB), but I didn't see anything appropriate. If no .bam currently exists, I'll see about requesting a custom one (or set).

Thanks,

Eric

Well, if you really wish press on the no extra resources...

and I'd like to know if there's an .itm and a .bam that would be most suitable as a base
How about the IMISC72.bam as the inventory item and the CMISC72.bam as the description icon.

so I can create the item using NearInfinity, and then add it to my mod:
The DLTCP is almost 1000 times better for the game resources like this.

Malar can attack twice per round, once with each hand, using these weapons without disadvantage."
Erhm, so it's a paired weapon... better make it two handed and give 'improved haste' effect to the priest, as that doubles the attack rate... like so.
Well, if you really wish press on the no extra resources...
and I'd like to know if there's an .itm and a .bam that would be most suitable as a base
How about the IMISC72.bam as the inventory item and the CMISC72.bam as the description icon.

so I can create the item using NearInfinity, and then add it to my mod:
The DLTCP is almost 1000 times better for the game resources like this.

Malar can attack twice per round, once with each hand, using these weapons without disadvantage."
Erhm, so it's a paired weapon... better make it two handed and give 'improved haste' effect to the priest, as that doubles the attack rate... like so.

IMISC72.bam would work if this item was more like a glove, but in this case, it should look more like a bracer with some clawlike blades. I recall having seen something like that, but of course I don't recall what it was, or where to find it again ???

As for DLTCP, that's a no-go, as there is no Mac version, and I'm using a Mac. I know that limits me a lot, but it's what I've got.

I'll check out the item linked above, and see what I can do with it.

Thanks!

Eric

Of course, I realize that this item would be a weapon, and as such would most likely need to go in the weapon slot, and not the bracer slot. That is, unless a melee ability can be applied to a bracer. I'll see what I can do in NI...

Thanks,

Eric

As for DLTCP, that's a no-go, as there is no Mac version, and I'm using a Mac. I know that limits me a lot, but it's what I've got.
Of course ???

Of course, I realize that this item would be a weapon, and as such would most likely need to go in the weapon slot, and not the bracer slot. That is, unless a melee ability can be applied to a bracer. I'll see what I can do in NI...
Yeah, one could in theory use the monk claws approach(file name: "brac19.itm"), but it'll more likely to be non option as the damage is blunt...

Ah, and of course I forgot to put the "2" to the speed factor, the item I made has "0"... :hm:

Of course ???

Yeah, one could in theory use the monk claws approach(file name: "brac19.itm"), but it'll more likely to be non option as the damage is blunt...

Ah, and of course I forgot to put the "2" to the speed factor, the item I made has "0"... :hm:

After exporting brac19.itm to another folder, I edited it with NI, adding a melee item ability with all the relevant data, and saved it as EP#MAPCL.itm. I'll test it a little in-game to see if it functions as it should. Then, I'll return to the .bam issue :)

Thanks,

Eric

Archived