Baldur's Gate Original Saga mod problems.

MissSixty

I have 3cd baldur's gate original saga. There are several problems with mod on it:

firstly: menus, inner interface, inventory etc has annoying black bar because of resolution. Can it be fixed in my case? Is it normally for that game version?

second: while I playing the game i cannot scroll map down and left.. doesn't matter in full screen or windowed. Does anyone have the same problem?

There is how it looks for me. Black bars.

I use widescreen-v2.31.exe for mod installation. Thanks for help.

Can it be fixed in my case? Is it normally for that game version?

firstly: menus, inner interface, inventory etc has annoying black bar because of resolution.

Yes, yes, and yes, you need to use a preset resolution(1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 or 1280x800) within the Widescreen mod and then install the BG1 GUI mod after the Widescreen mod... of course you need a little more Polish skills if you actually wish to know what they say there, so don't ask, I don't know.

PS, this is not only Original Saga's problem, it also the 6CD BG1+addon's problem. The BGT and EasyTutu can handle this like the BG2 does... without any preset resolution requirements... but they need the BG2...

Guest capac amaru
Thanks Jarno! The problem with black bars was solved.

Scrolling is still works incorrect. Any suggestion? No scrolling to the left and down :thumbsup:( only with the keyboard.

I'm having the same problem, except I can only scroll *Down-left* *left* *up-left* *up* *up-right*

I cant scroll *down*, *right*, or *down-right*

:thumbsup:

Are you playing in full screen mode? If not, the scrolling issue could be due to the fact that you have to bring the mouse pointer to the top/bottom/left/right side of the screen to scroll the view inside the game window. That is how Baldur's Gate works when in window mode, regardless of the widescreen mod.

In the same way, if you have a second monitor (or TV) assigned as a secondary desktop in Windows, you have to move the mouse to the extreme side of this second screen to make the game scroll. This behaviour may explain why you have problems only in one specific direction. In case the second monitor is bigger than the main one, this can create problems like the one capac amaru reports: if the second monitor is set to the right and is higher, the scroll won't happen if you just bring the mouse to the bottom right of the main screen.

Archived