CHAIN Problems

baldur46233

I'll offer some advice on the best way to learn all of this. Print out the tutorials, kick back and read them. Print out sample codes from a mod, read them over. Read all of this stuff over and over until you get it. That is the way I learned all of this stuff.

And yes I have a bunch of tutorials and samples in binders that I keep on my bookshelf.

I'll offer some advice on the best way to learn all of this. Print out the tutorials, kick back and read them. Print out sample codes from a mod, read them over. Read all of this stuff over and over until you get it. That is the way I learned all of this stuff.

And yes I have a bunch of tutorials and samples in binders that I keep on my bookshelf.

Thanks for the advice, I think I just might do that, so I don't repeatedly probe people with meaningless questions... :)

As for sample codes from mods, is there a certain place I can find them at, or should I just find them while surfing the web?

Guest Guest_Ipsy_*

You need to have a line in your mod's TP2 file, like so:

APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID~
UNLESS ~CD_STATE_NOTVALID~

Otherwise it can't parse CD_STATE_NOTVALID, because it's not in the original game.

As for sample code, check out Aran Whitehand's forum (on this site). Haldamir is also a good mod to look at, as is Tyris Flare. I've found some one-day NPCs, like Tiax and Ghareth, to be helpful as well.

You need to have a line in your mod's TP2 file, like so:

APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID~
UNLESS ~CD_STATE_NOTVALID~

Otherwise it can't parse CD_STATE_NOTVALID, because it's not in the original game.

As for sample code, check out Aran Whitehand's forum (on this site). Haldamir is also a good mod to look at, as is Tyris Flare. I've found some one-day NPCs, like Tiax and Ghareth, to be helpful as well.

Here comes my stupidest question yet....what's the difference from the one I had originally put down?

As for the sample codes, thank you. :)

Archived