more CHAIN problems

baldur46233

It seems like I have a knack of running into problems.

My current problem simply confuses me, though I am easily confused. :)

Yesterday night, I finally finished all the banters for my mod, and I installed it without any errors. Then I thought I would start with the NPC initiated dialogues with the PC and all I put for that was CHAIN. Well then, I got tired and went to bed.

Today, I went to work on my mod again and tried to reinstall it again. It said:

[Draco/Dialogues/JQ#DraB.d] PARSE ERROR at line 741 column 1-0

Near Text:

syntax error

[Draco/Dialogues/JQ#DraB.d] ERROR at line 741 column 1-0

Near Text:

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [Draco/Dialogues/JQ#DraB.d]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: compiling [Draco/Dialogues/JQ#DraB.d]!

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Draco for BG2:SoA], rolling back to previous state

[Draco/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 4 files for [sETUP-DRACO.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 4 files for [sETUP-DRACO.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

So then I checked my banter file, and realized that I hadn't finished the CHAIN I had wanted to complete it yesterday, so I deleted that CHAIN and saved the B file and tried to install my mod again...It said the same thing as before. Then I tried to not compile my B file at all and see if the mod would install, it didn't. It kept pointing at the same problem before, even when I changed it in the Tp2.

So now I'm utterly dumbstrucked at what to do. :puke:

Also, I realized yesterday I had put into my Tp2 the CD_STATE_NOTVALID stuff. I had saved it yesterday, but today when I look at it, it doesn't show up. So please can anyone tell what's wrong? :)

Wait, are you putting NPC-PC dialogues in the B file? If you want them to occur at specific points, or if they're timer-based, they should go in the J file. Perhaps there's a problem in your TP2 file, e.g. mistyping COMPILE, mistyping a filename, or forgetting a tilde (COMPILE ~filename, for instance).

Wait, are you putting NPC-PC dialogues in the B file? If you want them to occur at specific points, or if they're timer-based, they should go in the J file. Perhaps there's a problem in your TP2 file, e.g. mistyping COMPILE, mistyping a filename, or forgetting a tilde (COMPILE ~filename, for instance).

I was going to put it there, but then I read a guide and so I put the NPC-PC dialogues in the J File. Nothing wrong with my Tp2, I checked that..many many times :)

You need to post parts of the file for us to find the error.

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Nalia")

See("Nalia")

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])

AreaType(CITY)

Global("NaliaDracoTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN ~JQ#DraB~ DracoNalia2

~You have a lot to learn Nalia.~

DO ~SetGlobal("NaliaDracoTalk","LOCALS",1)~

== ~BNALIA~ ~Please Draco, spare your breath. I haven't the time to speak to you.~

== ~JQ#DraB~ ~As you wish.~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Nalia")

See("Nalia")

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])

AreaType(CITY)

Global("NaliaDracoTalk","LOCALS",0)~ THEN ~JQ#DraB~ DracoNalia1

~Why do say such things? We are all equal in mind Nalia, even the lowest beggar.~

== ~BNALIA~ ~Of course I know that Draco, why would you say such a thing?~

== ~JQ#DraB~ ~Because you don't understand. You think you do, but you truly do not understand.~

== ~BNALIA~ ~For your information Draco, I happen to understand that and many other things!~

== ~JQ#DraB~ ~You remind of a small child, arrogant and callous.~

EXIT

I think that's around Line 741..

In banter 1:

In banter 2:

You're setting the same variable twice. Since one banter is DracoNalia1 and the other is DracoNalia2, use the variables DracoNalia1 and DracoNalia2 instead. I'm unsure if that would actually cause problems like this though.

In banter 1:

In banter 2:

You're setting the same variable twice. Since one banter is DracoNalia1 and the other is DracoNalia2, use the variables DracoNalia1 and DracoNalia2 instead. I'm unsure if that would actually cause problems like this though.

It still says I have the same errors, but thanks for pointing that out to me. :)

Ooookay...this is seriously weird. I just copy-pasted both into one of my projects, and it worked 100% fine after I renamed all the variables. Since DracoNalia2 should occur 2nd, try moving that to the end.

Are these banters above or below line 741? I've noticed that errors are often above the point at which WeiDU barfs.

Ooookay...this is seriously weird. I just copy-pasted both into one of my projects, and it worked 100% fine after I renamed all the variables. Since DracoNalia2 should occur 2nd, try moving that to the end.

Are these banters above or below line 741? I've noticed that errors are often above the point at which WeiDU barfs.

I did that before, I just kinda messed up when I copied and pasted, so in B file I really have it as DracoNalia1 and DracoNalia2.

....I kinda guessed where 741 was :) ....because I didn't really feel like counting the lines, unless there is an easier way in Context to go through the lines, without having to count them..And when you renamed all the variables did you just put DracoNalia 1 and 2s, because I did that, but it wouldn't work.

....I kinda guessed where 741 was :) ....because I didn't really feel like counting the lines, unless there is an easier way in Context to go through the lines, without having to count them..
Try View -> Status Bar ... cause that's where the Notepad has the line counter... or use the Notepad. :)
....I kinda guessed where 741 was :) ....because I didn't really feel like counting the lines, unless there is an easier way in Context to go through the lines, without having to count them..
Try View -> Status Bar ... cause that's where the Notepad has the line counter... or use the Notepad. :)

Thank you very much! Now I don't have to count to 700 anymore. :puke:

Archived