More damages than normal, why ?

deratiseur

Please, explain me.

I'm testing my new mods, and the creatures a have created, equiped with P2-8 (so 2D4) make 7/8/9/10 Damages, 20 sometimes with a critical hit.

There stats are 9/9/9/9/9/9, so no strenght bonus.

The game setting is placed at "normal difficulty".

The character which take the hits hasen't special vulnerabilty

I have tested with a modified p2-8, set has "dagger" -> no change

So, what the .......!!!

Edit : i have tested the creature equipped with a modified weapon, doing 0d0 + 0 damage. ingame, it does 3 damages !

Does the person that takes damage have a melee weapon equipped? If not, the attacker does +4 damage (Normal difficulty reduces damage by 20% so you would take 3 damage).

This is only a melee damage rule, right?

Do you happen to know if all engines do the same?

Ok, this work. If my test personnage wear a staff, it take normal damages. I really hop that all creatures in the vanilla games have a weapon configured (neutral peasants, for exemple), or this rules make cheat.

Thanks again. This forum is full of cool persons :mad:

This is only a melee damage rule, right?

Do you happen to know if all engines do the same?

If the attacker uses a melee weapon and the defender uses a ranged weapon (ranged or launcher) or no weapon the attacker gets a +4 bonus to hit and damage in BG2. It doesn't seem to apply to IWD or IWD2 and I can't test BG1 (but IIRC it's the case there as well) or PST at the moment.

On the subject of possibly obscure combat rules, if the attacker uses a ranged weapon and stands too close to his target he suffers a -8 penalty to THAC0. This applies to BG2, IWD and IWD2 and possibly to the other two games as well.

Archived