[Repaired] Coran's Romance: Something's missing here? (Hanali Sequence)

Guest Isel's mistress

Guest Isel's mistress

Uh, hi there peoples. Forgive my guest-ness, but I don't remember whether I had an account here or not. Same ol' me.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with Coran's Romance. I've reached Ch... what was it? 6? (you know, the one where you enter Baldur's Gate for the first time, right after clearing Cloakwood) and I've finally done Briel's quest, right after triggering LT 16, the "vow talk" if my memory serves.

So I go back to Briel, planning to have Coran abandon his child (hey, Isel's chaotic neutral, what else could you expect from her?). But I don't get the choice to make him abandon her. Well, he does, he says something amongst the lines of "Briel, I-I-I don't know", she snaps at him, and the dialogue ends. His alignment is still CG, and Isel is not allowed to say anything. Shouldn't she get the option to tell him to take Namara with them/leave without looking behind/etc?

I've already tried everything. I've had Coran speak to Briel, I've had Isel speak to Briel, I've had Coran leave the SS and Isel talk to Briel without Coran inside the SS... nothing seems to work, and I'm afraid this is going to break the romance, because after LT 16 all the LTs are baby-related.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you guys!

Guest Isel's mistress
Uh, hi there peoples. Forgive my guest-ness, but I don't remember whether I had an account here or not. Same ol' me.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with Coran's Romance. I've reached Ch... what was it? 6? (you know, the one where you enter Baldur's Gate for the first time, right after clearing Cloakwood) and I've finally done Briel's quest, right after triggering LT 16, the "vow talk" if my memory serves.

So I go back to Briel, planning to have Coran abandon his child (hey, Isel's chaotic neutral, what else could you expect from her?). But I don't get the choice to make him abandon her. Well, he does, he says something amongst the lines of "Briel, I-I-I don't know", she snaps at him, and the dialogue ends. His alignment is still CG, and Isel is not allowed to say anything. Shouldn't she get the option to tell him to take Namara with them/leave without looking behind/etc?

I've already tried everything. I've had Coran speak to Briel, I've had Isel speak to Briel, I've had Coran leave the SS and Isel talk to Briel without Coran inside the SS... nothing seems to work, and I'm afraid this is going to break the romance, because after LT 16 all the LTs are baby-related.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you guys!

SORRY! Forgot to add something, silly me. :blush: When and where are the "Hanali's runes of passion" talks supposed to trigger? I think it's been one day or more (game time, ofc) since I clicked on the option on the player-initiated menu but he still hasn't said anything about the matter.

The Hanali Cycle:

Initiate dialogue with Coran and choose

~Coran, I have been praising golden Hanali in my heart, but I have never been to her temple, or talked to her priest. You, in your own words and *blush* actions are her devoted follower. Would you teach more of the goddess' ways?~

That sets a short timer, about 30 seconds real time. The next time you rest after that timer expires, you should get the first talk, IF

• Nobody else fired off a dream talk that night
  • Everybody is available for dialogue
  • You aren't in a dungeon. In Chapters 6 onward, Candlekeep counts as a dungeon

The first rune dialogue is short, with only Coran speaking. He gives you a pendant with half a heart on it and sends you off to bed. The next morning, there's a short follow-up dialogue. There is a timer set, 5 minutes.

After that timer has expired, each time you rest for the next 4 days, you'll get another talk. Like the first talk, you can't be in a dungeon and nobody else's dream talk should have fired. After the fourth talk, the romance will appear to end. Three game days later, he'll talk to you again. After that you're back on the every time you rest cycle. Just remember, there is a 5 minute timer, so rapid-fire resting will not work.

I can't help you with the baby questions. Answering even this question has consumed 25% of my modding time for the entire week.

I had dialogue with Coran when i say that i want him to teach me his goddess ways,but after that nothing seems to happen...so what could be wrong?all im getting is dialogue option when i say that im not ready for hanali yet...please help :thumbsup:

Archived