BG1 looks ugly with resolutions greater than 640x480

Beholder

GUI in BG1 in resolutions greater than 640x480 looks ugly :) , see this post http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=177902

I can modify scripts to game looks better, but a few things I do not understand.

1. In scripts guiimg.py and guiinv.py (such as): In guiinv.py saves and replaces portrait window, but in guiimg.py not. Why save and restore portrait window? This action affects displaying this window.

2. In some files windows loading with parameters "640,480", in other without it. If parameters used, windows aligning in a center, otherwise in a left.

3. How can I get a background image to filling "black" areas?

You are right, guimg and guiinv should behave the same way. There were many experimental changes and not everything got synchronised between games and screens too.

To fill black areas, you will need a new (bigger .MOS), You can use dltcep to convert a mos to bmp and back to mos.

What you do to the BMP is your business :)

sed -es'/, 640, 480//g' -i GUIScripts/bg1/*

Seems to do 90% of the trick for me. You don't even really need Widescreen. You'll get some ugly black (similar to native w/ Widescreen), but no artifacts.

Thank you, I'll try this solution. But, also, I want to make some changes to fill black areas with background.

Avenger, it is nesessary to saving an restoring portraits? I'm not so good to know GemRB engine to understand this.

Probably a single portrait window would be enough so we don't have to maintain multiple portrait windows.

To restore selection status, we could simply use variables of the game object. (GameIsSelectedPC/GameGetSelectedPCSingle)

This is only for bg1, where the portrait windows are always at the same position (No frame).

Is this mos thing just something I forgot to copy in the widescreen mod mod? When I tried various bigger resolutions, there was no black area problem, but that was with bg2. For the small mode I tested with pst, but I don't remember anything anymore.

Is this mos thing just something I forgot to copy in the widescreen mod mod? When I tried various bigger resolutions, there was no black area problem, but that was with bg2. For the small mode I tested with pst, but I don't remember anything anymore.

If you install 1280x800 and 1680x1050, you create cgui1280.chu and cgui1610.chu; however, they will conflict since they're both calling the same MOS files.

Archived