Neverwinter nights solaufein install problem

NWN Solaufein install problem

« on: January 01, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »

I have decided to finally play Neverwinter Nights and have installed the Gold Edition complete with HotUD. I patched it and then tried to "install" the Solaufein romance because I loved it when I played it with BG2 years ago.

Anyway, I see that it doesn't really "install" like a "normal" mod does. I downloaded what seems to be the right romance according to the Readme and dragged the files into the said folders.

I still, no matter what, get the "cannot load module because of missing custom talk table" or something like that. I've tried to find help but all threads are not only years old, but I cannot find an answer that helps me at all.

Has anyone played with Solaufein recently and know what the problem could be?

Desperate here!

Look into your "logs" folder, one of the two files will contain the exact error (i.e. the name of the file that couldn't be loaded). The error seems to indicate that there is a missing file in the "tlk" folder.

Oh, thank you! This is the first lead that I've gotten. I'll go and check now! For all the Googling I've done NOTHING has helped and I've never even seen a hint of what you just suggested. Thank you!

Hmmm...odd. The Log Folder does indeed have 2 files. One labelled "error" has nothing at all in it. Zero. Zip.

The other...all I saw was this section for when I once again tried to (hopefully!) get Solaufein to load -

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:46] Player [] () Joined as Server Admin 1

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:46] Player () Joined as Player 1

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:46] Loading Module: Solaufein

Could not load the Module.

Missing required custom talk table.

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:47] Server Shutting Down

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:47] Player Left as a Server Admin (0 SA's left)

[Thu Jan 06 20:56:47] Player Left as a Player (0 players left)

Primary player removed. Shutting down

[Thu Jan 06 20:59:05]Server Starting Up: 10 Second Heartbeat logging has been disabled

[Thu Jan 06 20:59:05]---- Server Options ----

Still, that stupid 'missing custom talk table.' I've no clue as to what I don't have. Sigh.

Thank you anyway! I may still be able to find a forum or someone who knows what the heck is up. :)

http://social.bioware.com/project/3264/

This is where. And then I tried to find answers anywhere I could, but nada. I even downloaded CEP v 1.68 and tried that, but nothing seems to work.

Anyway, thank you for trying! Don't take too much trouble, tho. I do want to play this mod badly, but maybe all the years between when it was made and the newer NWN packages (I have Gold) may just not be compatible for some reason?

Ok, I've tried the module and it works perfectly. You will need to fully install CEP v1.68 in order it to work, this is why it does not work for you and you get the cryptic error message. I think you either forgot to move the cep.tlk file into the right folder or downloaded a wrong version of CEP.

For CEP v1.68, download it here : http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=90975

This is a 7z file, you will need 7-zip (recommended) or another archiver able to uncompress this format.

You will need to move the cep_crafting.erf file into the "erf" folder of NWN (create this folder if it does not exist), the cep.tlk file into the "tlk" folder of NWN (create this folder if it does not exist), and all the *.hak files into the "hak" folder of NWN.

If you follow those instructions, you will be able to play the module afterwards. Don't forget to download the specific .hak file for Solaufein.

but maybe all the years between when it was made and the newer NWN packages (I have Gold) may just not be compatible for some reason?

Usually older modules can work with newer versions of NWN. You may have glitches because of things added late in the NWN life (like visible cloaks) but it will work nonetheless.

Edit: That said, I just remembered you mentionned the "Gold" edition of NWN? This edition includes the first expansion pack but not the second one. If you don't install Hordes of the Underdark, you won't be able to play most modules on the Vault. If you don't own HotU, I can only recommend that you buy NWN Diamond on GOG.com for $10 so you can download the full game with all extensions and three premiums modules (of course you will need a good Internet connection to download 2+ GB of data).

OMG. It works! I do indeed have NWN Gold, but I also had the folder with the HotUD slot and at one point I must have obtained that disk and so I had had that installed as well. I followed your instructions to the letter and now it works!

I can't thank you enough. You are the only one who even tried to help me and now it works! Woo hoo!

THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

Archived