Amber-esqe romance for PC2 with Bioware NPCs

joshuar9476

I've never played through any of the stock BG2 NPC romances, and this time around I'm giving the main one, Jaheira, a try. But then I got an idea. Is it possible to change the character dynamics of a 2nd PC to have say Aerie romance them? I know you can do multiple romances with the PC, and I'm not looking for that. I guess the biggest problem with it, if it worked at all, would be that though the dialogue would suggest it, PC2 is along for the ride and not a spawn of Bhaal. Anyway, it's just an idea I had to knock out two romances with one run through.

You'll have more fun if you take Jaheira AND Viconia along. Their romance conflicts span over a very long arc(unlike Aerie's - Aerie gets catty very quickly and kills competition just as quickly), and you'll get most of their conversations before you decide.

(Besides, I'd say the main one is Viconia, given how the starting music and her romance theme are one and the same. But in BG2, unlike Dragon Age, all romances are more or less equal, it's just Aerie's is shorter).

It would be possible (and not too difficult) to change a dozen triggers and have Aerie romance PLAYER2 rather than PLAYER1. However, to have the thing actually fit nicely would require a rewrite of a number of talks (both because some talks reference the romancee being a Bhaalspawn, and because you'd need to get Aerie to start pursuing PLAYER2 because turned down by CHARNAME).

Without such a rewrite, you might as well install Multiple Romances.

I actually have a almost finished version of Aerie romance for Player 2 on lying my HD. I never got around to completely finishing it. IRC I was already testing it, so it should install correctly (or maybe not, I don't remember).

I chose Aerie over Viconia and Jaheira because she talks endlessly about herself and only occasionally refers to her sweetheart as being bhaalspawn. That meant that there was minimal re-writing required.

I actually have a almost finished version of Aerie romance for Player 2 on lying my HD. I never got around to completely finishing it. IRC I was already testing it, so it should install correctly (or maybe not, I don't remember).

I chose Aerie over Viconia and Jaheira because she talks endlessly about herself and only occasionally refers to her sweetheart as being bhaalspawn. That meant that there was minimal re-writing required.

That's awesome. I'm still waiting for Tobex b20 to do my next install, is this something that you willing to post or share for testing?

Archived