Missing content in the romance pack

Hello. Just for introduce the problem:

SPOILER

I'm in chapter 3. I've already obtained the True Names, obtained all the alliances and my Keep is at about 75%. So I'm quite ahead in the game.

END SPOILER

since 2 days ago I was having a look at the dialogue files in my toolset, I noticed tons and tons of content that I haven't seen in my game. So I am wondering if there is something going wrong with the mod.

ie: I had not seen at all the interactions "dream (about Bishop)", nor the dialogue about Karnwyr. Not in chapter 2, neither in chapter 3. Plus some other parts (even quite long) of dialogues. Is there something I've missed to do, or maybe I have a problem with my game?

Guest Krypplingz
Hello. Just for introduce the problem:

SPOILER

I'm in chapter 3. I've already obtained the True Names, obtained all the alliances and my Keep is at about 75%. So I'm quite ahead in the game.

END SPOILER

since 2 days ago I was having a look at the dialogue files in my toolset, I noticed tons and tons of content that I haven't seen in my game. So I am wondering if there is something going wrong with the mod.

ie: I had not seen at all the interactions "dream (about Bishop)", nor the dialogue about Karnwyr. Not in chapter 2, neither in chapter 3. Plus some other parts (even quite long) of dialogues. Is there something I've missed to do, or maybe I have a problem with my game?

Have you tried flirting with him by clicking on /talking to him and choosing the Flirt with Bishop option?

The dream comes if you look at him (Examine/View Bishop). The worlds are blurry in my mind, but you should get the gist.

The Karnwyr ones come from asking if you can pet Karnwyr I think. :)

Bishop's talks don't always fire. It's a consequence of the flakiness of NWN2 scripting, unfortunately. With Casavir, I took that into account and allowed the PC to access the dialogues via the talk option, but Bishop wasn't set up that way.

It's kind of a personality thing. Bishop lives in the moment. When that moment is gone, it's gone. Casavir is more stubborn. If he wants to say something, he is going to say it.

I'd noticed that difference, but here I'm referring to something else. Which is the way I can get the dream options? Because with "examine" it doesn't work. Or I can examine him only in specific moments? Because it seems to me quite strange that I have to click every 2 minutes throughout the game, just to be sure I am not missing something. So I think there is something that triggers the "dream" option. So, what is it?

Guest Krypplingz
I'd noticed that difference, but here I'm referring to something else. Which is the way I can get the dream options? Because with "examine" it doesn't work. Or I can examine him only in specific moments? Because it seems to me quite strange that I have to click every 2 minutes throughout the game, just to be sure I am not missing something. So I think there is something that triggers the "dream" option. So, what is it?

The dreams were in the flirts menu, I'm sure of it. At first they were sunny but then they turn pretty morbid. They are not vital or important for the story tought, more of a foreshadowing.

I don't have a save at the point of Bishops romance (and it could take a few days to get there) so would it be possible for you to post the flirt options?

Are you saying that the dreams happened BEFORE the start of the romance? Because:

1) as soon as Bishop enters the group, I got a first romance dialogue (attached to the conversation when Marcus ask for his knife... I can recognize the romance dialogues because my game is in Italian and the romance pack in English, so when the language switches...)

2) in the toolset, I saw there are some dreams (the sunny ones) in chapter 2 and others (the morbid ones) in chapter 3.

I'm confused :-( please, help!

I will be posting a screenshot of the flirt menu this evening... as soon as I'll be at the computer with NWN2 installed :-D

No they don't happen before the romance, they are just flirts essentially.

You can see them by going to the flirt menu, and selecting (Daydream about Bishop) or something to that effect. You then are given a text which is your daydream, playful and fun during chapter 2, incredibly morbid and depressing in chapter 3.

Hope this helped!

Edit: Just noticed the Karnwyr thing. The way you get that is this;

1) Have Bishop in your party

2) Have him summon Karnwyr

3) Talk to Bishop and go to the Flirt Menu

4) There should be new flirts available relating to Karnwyr

:)

Thank you, this helped a lot! So, now I NOW FOR SURE that I don't get ANY "Daydream about Bishop" option in the flirt menu at all. So, this is a bug. Maybe a problem with the multilanguage game?

Same for the Karnwyr option. It simply doesn't show.

Thank you very much. I'm reporting this problem in the bug area! :-)

Archived