Version 18 released

DavidW

Version 18 of Sword Coast Stratagems is now out. This is a pretty minor release unless you're a German speaker or want to play on Linux: it's probably not worth reinstalling if you're not in one of these categories, unless you're building a new install anyway or you biff the override.

Changelog:

New or heavily modified components

Updated German and French translations (French translation was actually silently updated between v17 and v18)

Linux compatibility (thanks to TheBigg)

Minor tweaks, optimisations, and additions

Under-the-hood change: slight recoding of SSL to avoid some glitches (again, thanks to Wisp for suggesting this)

Under-the-hood change: a copy loop in Better Calls for Help was missing a BUT_ONLY, and so was creating unnecessary copies of files

Updated to WEIDU v229

Bugfixes

The fix to Spell Shield no longer changes the power level of antimagic spells (this was slightly reducing the effectiveness of Spell Thrust and (on an SR install) Secret Word)

Mages no longer go invisible when blinded

I was accidentally using "dw#ranged" instead of "dw#range" for an intermediate file, which was causing (slightly esoteric) bugs in some installs

Help scripts no longer cause party-charmed creatures to return to being hostile (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Thanks to Galactygon, fixed the bug where antimagic didn't work properly for people playing without ToBEx (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Thanks to TheBigg, non-Windows users playing on a Windows emulator still get ToBEx (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Supplied a missing string that was choking Linux installs (hopefully this won't actually be relevant given the above fix, except for a minority of Mac users) (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Compatibility fixes

If Spell Revisions v3 (but not v4) is installed, the area-effect assigned to certain antimagic spells is reverted if you choose the non-area-effect version of "allow antimagic to penetrate invisibility"

Slower Reputation component no longer chokes if other mods have corrupted scripts, and generally runs a bit more smoothly (thanks to TheBigg for help coding this)

Hello David,

I sent you the update of the french translation. Is it possible to made a silent update as you did for version 17, please? Let's note that the french package in version 18 is the same than version 15.

Hello David,

I sent you the update of the french translation. Is it possible to made a silent update as you did for version 17, please? Let's note that the french package in version 18 is the same than version 15.

I haven't forgotten, I just haven't found time.

Archived