Possible Bug report

Hey all just picked this great game up again and decided to play through with some fun mods. Anyway after i download and extract the mod to my tutu folder and begin running the installer it crashes after i hit y when prompted to display one of the mod components. It installed correctly a few hours ago but i went back to uninstall the inn component, stupidly installed it also in bgnpc, and it crashed halfway through the uninstall proccess and screwed the whole install folder up. Anyway i'm running windows 7 32 bit and have some other mods installed but all of them said compatible and the install order was followed exactly. Any help would be greatly appeciated

Hey all just picked this great game up again and decided to play through with some fun mods. Anyway after i download and extract the mod to my tutu folder and begin running the installer it crashes after i hit y when prompted to display one of the mod components. It installed correctly a few hours ago but i went back to uninstall the inn component, stupidly installed it also in bgnpc, and it crashed halfway through the uninstall proccess and screwed the whole install folder up. Anyway i'm running windows 7 32 bit and have some other mods installed but all of them said compatible and the install order was followed exactly. Any help would be greatly appeciated

On further inspection it crashes when prompted more than six times no matter what combo of letter ,y,n, g,dfa etc. This only happens in this mod

Sorry about the double post and multiple posting but i wanted to do a quick update of everything i have tried. I updated the weidu installer, don't know if it was ever out of date but can't hurt, changed permissions so everyone has access to it, and made the folders writtable. I got one weird break where it ran the installer for a second and flashed an error, invalid argument in a loop at me before crashing. Also if i hit yes to see the readme it flashes this error: the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000a5). Strangely it works and opens the readme if i have google chrome open to this forum and will properly open the readme if i use internet explorer as my defualt browser...but the installer still won't work. Going to bed now and done spamming this thread, any help would be great!

OK, sounds like something has got badly corrupted. At a guess the uninstall process crashed for some external reason and as a consequence the install has got broken. I'm afraid you probably need to reinstall TUTU. (It's also possible you should just restart your computer; something else in the background may be causing your problem.)

Re installed all of tutu from scratch, including BG2 and TOB and it still crashes at the end, it just closes the window and acts like nothing happened....

Pass, sorry. I doubt it's anything to do with SCS in particular, so you could try asking on a more general thread and seeing if anyone can help. It's generally quite hard to crash WEIDU so it might be that people more knowledgeable than I would know things that might cause it. (I guess you could also see if SCS installs in the absence of any other mods.)

Archived