Lay on Hands Question

Kharhaz

Sorry to make another topic here so soon, but does anyone have any information on how Lay on Hands functions after level 20? I was editing BG2's SPIN109.SPL so that I could double the strength of Lay on Hands, since it's pretty terrible in 2E. However, as I was going through all of the ability sections of the spell with Near Infinity and noticed that there are only 20 of them, 1 for each level 1-20 that heals a static amount of hp per level, which makes me wonder how the other 20 levels work.

I'm not too experienced with the whole modding scene so I could just be editing the wrong file or something, but I haven't seen any other spells or script files related to LoH, besides layhands.2da which is not used by the game. If anyone has any information regarding this ability, it would helpful because I really couldn't find much information on spell editing besides a post by Galactygon. Kind of a dumb question because of it's simplicity I know, but LoH is nearly useless in ToB with how much HP you have and it bothers me.

bg2/tob vanilla stopped pretty much all level progression bonii after level 20. Tweaks "restores" progression to spell memorization and thac0 tables but doesn't afaik do anything to spell effects. i think SR follows vanilla's lead.

Alright, I'm an idiot. I didn't know Near Infinity could search spells so I ran a search on LoH and it's actually SPCL211.SPL, strangely it goes up to level 34, but it's easy enough to edit in the other 6 levels. I guess I should pay attention to the functions on NI next time, oops.

Archived