BG1 Imoen is trying to go to the Copper Coronet on kickout...

Rana

So I recently started up a fresh BGT game to playtest my new kits. Things seemed to be going well until I tried to remove Imoen from my party and she responded with her BG2 kickout dialogue, opting to make the extremely long walk from Beregost to the Copper Coronet.

What would cause something like this? I checked her CRE file and she is listed as using "Imoen2.d" as her DLG file, which links to "Imoen2P.d" that contains her kickout dialogue. The Imoen2P file contains the kickout dialogue for both her BG1 and BG2 incarnations, but for some reason she thinks she's in BG2.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Can you post the blocks for the kickout dialog? I bet something has not put the "screening" variable on her file. Either that, or something has put her weight out of order. (I would get hit for saying that in *any* other context !! )

Can you post the blocks for the kickout dialog? I bet something has not put the "screening" variable on her file. Either that, or something has put her weight out of order. (I would get hit for saying that in *any* other context !! )

Sorry for this, but when you say "blocks" for her kickout dialogue, what do you mean?

Don't quote me on this but I believe he is referring to the conditions for a dialogue to take place. NearInfinity or Infinity Explorer are good toold to look at the dialogue outside the game. In dialogue files (.d for modding) a dialogue string would look something like this:

IF ~Global("Imoentalks","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN Imoenkickouttalk1

SAY ~You don't want me around anymore?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No~ GOTO IKIT2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes~ GOTO IKIT3

This is just an example, but the Global("Imoentalks","GLOBAL",5) would be the block telling the game a certain condition has been met for this dialogue, if another mod or something you do in game causes the global variable to rise past what it should be, then it could cause Imoen to want to go to Copper Coronet because the Variable is telling the game she is in BG2 and not BG1. I believe you can check the globals in the game through ShadowKeeper as well, that would tell you exactly where these globals are.

Hope that helps some...

It's a well-known and well-documented compatibility issue between BGT and Imoen Romance. It's written in clear text in the compatibility list that Imoen Romance destroys quit/rejoin dialogue and Imoen will, among other things, go to Copper Coronet. It's advised to install the Imoen Romance just before the BG1 to BG2 transition.

Ah yes, check the readme in BGT, there is a file showing known compatibility problems with mods, it even goes as far as to say you can install everything except X, Y and Z it is very helpful to check with it to make sure you install goes smoothly

Something to flag for TCDale on her forums - she's currently the mod maintainer, and coding the Imoen Romance changes to the joining/quitting dialog to make it run only on BG 2 content are trivial (see bg1npc for how).

Archived