List of items added by Exotic Items Pack

I googled and couldn't find a list of what's added by the BG2 Tweaks Exotic Items Pack anywhere, so I traced through the WeiDU install and made my own list. I figured I should post it somewhere to save everyone else the trouble and at the same time, probably also answer a lot of the questions I saw when googling that went something like "Is there/Where can I find <x> in the Exotic Items Pack?" Given that this is based on tracing through code and not on in-game verification, it's possible that there are mistakes or things not obvious in the coding, but this should be fairly accurate.

Scrolls

Contagion - Davaeorn (Cloakwood Mines, Level 4)

Find Familiar - High Hedge; Sorcerous Sundries

Hold Undead - Sorcerous Sundries

Melf's Minute Meteors - Sorcerous Sundries

Power Word: Sleep - High Hedge; Sorcerous Sundries

Protection from Cold - Sorcerous Sundries

Reflected Image - High Hedge; Sorcerous Sundries

Spider Spawn - Sorcerous Sundries

Spook - High Hedge; Sorcerous Sundries

Ioun Stones

Deep Purple Ioun Stone (60' infravision) - High Hedge

Flickering White Ioun Stone (10% cold resist) - Davaeorn (Cloakwood Mines, Level 4)

Weapons

Katana - Meilum (Firewine Bridge)

Katana +1 - Haseo (The Hidden City)

Katana +2, Tsu-O-Shi (cursed - see below) - Krumm (Area SW of Nashkel)

Ninja-to - Flesh golem cave (Lighthouse)

Ninja-to +1 - Black Lily's store (Baldur's Gate Thieves' Guild)

Scimitar - All stores that sell short swords

Scimitar +1 - Maneira (Exit from Nashkel Mines); Sendai Argrim (Area S of Nashkel)

Wakizashi - Hakt (Bandit Camp)

Wakizashi +1 - Desreta (Baldur's Gate Harbor)

Ammunition

Bag of Plenty (unlimited sling bullets) - Nashkel Store

Case of Plenty (unlimited bolts) - Thunderhammer Smithy

Quiver of Plenty (unlimited arrows) - Carnival

Stores

Alvanhendar in Gullykin now has one.

As for the cursed Katana +2, it's a Katana +2 alright, but it has a 5% chance each of permanently lowering one of your ability scores by 1 or your max hp by 5 each time you hit. In other words, that's a 35% chance that something bad will happen. If you choose to wield it, you'll be a vegetable in no time flat.

There was a list here - might want to check it against yours.

In terms of items, our lists match perfectly. The only thing I neglected to mention was that there are two of each of the scrolls in the stores, but I include more detail about what the items do and in some cases, where they are. I also mentioned the store fix/addition for Alvanhendar. Oh, and I spelled Meilum's name correctly. :p

Apparently I can't edit my post (I'm guessing there's a time limit, cuz I can edit this post but not my first one), so I guess people will just have to read down to find out that there are two of each scroll in the stores.

The bigger question here is: how on earth did you find that? I searched high and low for such a list! ;)

Apparently I can't edit my post (I'm guessing there's a time limit, cuz I can edit this post but not my first one)
Known issue (even happens for admins) - the forum software sucks.
The bigger question here is: how on earth did you find that? I searched high and low for such a list!
I remembered Cam talking about it in that thread. But I probably wouldn't've been able to find it again - luckily the link was still in my signature on pocketplane.net.

I suppose Cam should add this to the readme (maybe in spoiler tags) if and when he makes another appearance (he just did a couple months ago, so it might be several more months until he makes another ;)).

Archived