Loading Area 'crash' bug

Hello! I am new to this community and wasn't sure where best to post a bug that I have encountered.

First, the problem: I am playing BG2 SOA with TOB installed (with latest patch and version 9 of the FixPack installed) and am at the very end of Chapter Three. After speaking with Aran to go by ship to Spellhold, the game saves, then the video showing Irenicus and Imoen plays, followed by a "Loading Area" screen...and nothing else happens. Nothing loads (even waited for 10 minutes),and finally I have to press the enter key at which point the game closes.

I have logging turned on, but nothing gets written out as an error, and the game log shows a bunch of display character commands.

Now, for my system and OS: I am running BG2 on a Mac, Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5, OS 10.4.11, and this is the first game-stopping problem I have had. The game on occasion will lock up and crash (usually during saving or loading), but with a restart I am able to continue. Not so with this situation!

Any help getting past this and into Chapter 4 will be greatly appreciated!

Well, decided to move my save game folder to a safe place and reinstall the whole game, SOA, TOB, Patch for SOA, and then the Bugfix.

For whatever reason, that corrected the problem and I am now in Chapter 4, Brynnlaw.

Problem solved even though I have no idea what caused it in the first place.

Archived