BG1 UI in BG2

I've been wondering this for a while, and I'm pathetic when it comes to actually doing research, so I'm just going to ask: is there any way to play BG2 with the BG1 interface?

I played BG1 for years, and never played BG2 on account of the fact that one of my CDs was cracked, and I was too young/internet-less to figure out how to download it. I got so accustomed to the UI in BG1 that when I played BG2 for the first time, it looked horrible. Since then, I've had another problem with it, where it uses the 800x600 size, regardless of what my resolution is set to. It doesn't matter much to me, though, because I hate it anyway. I want to know if there's any mod that transfers the BG1 UI into BG2, so I can finally play this game for more than an hour before getting sick of the ugly menus, and quitting.

I figure I'm one of the only people who prefers the BG1 UI over the BG2 one, but I would still be surprised if this didn't exist, because there's always someone with similar preferences, who are just more capable, and so do something about it.

because of what appears to be limited resolution functionality.
Meaning exactly what ?

The GUI mods just need to be installed before the Widescreen mod and there's no limits for their resolutions, onces the Widescreen mod doesn't have.

And yes, the Tutu GUI is independent mod from the Tutu'es, so it works in the plane BG2. ... actually the Tutu has it's own vanilla GUI, and the widescreen mod doesn't like it a bit... like noted in the above link.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,19424.175.html

The main thread for the bg1 gui. The older posts talk about the author's efforts to extend compatibility to each resolution. The later threads talk about "green bar" issues with the wide screen mod. I qualified that statement with an "apparently" because I haven't tested it for myself yet. But that's as official of a source as they come. So yeah, meaning exactly that. If that information is inaccurate then it should be updated. That's not my fault.

The later threads talk about "green bar" issues with the wide screen mod.
Look at the dates of the posts... the Widescreen mod has fixed the green bar issue... or it did so at least for the IwDinBG2 mods GUI.. in the past last year.

TEST before you assume that problems will erupt.

The later threads talk about "green bar" issues with the wide screen mod.
Look at the dates of the posts... the Widescreen mod has fixed the green bar issue... or it did so at least for the IwDinBG2 mods GUI.. in the past last year.

TEST before you assume that problems will erupt.

ap·par·ent·ly/əˈparəntlē/Adverb

1. As far as one knows or can see: "the child nodded, apparently content with the promise".

2. Used by speakers or writers to avoid committing themselves to the truth of what they are saying.

Like I said: That's why I qualified my statement with a caveat. If it's been fixed then it should be made known there, not here. This is not the official source of information for that mod. That is. As that is the official source of information then it should be trusted. If it is not to be trusted then it should be updated. That is not my job.

You know just as well as I do that the primary source of information for a mod should be regarded as accurate or updated by people who know better. You may be right on the technical side of things but you're absolutely wrong on the epistemological side of things. For example: Do you believe in global warming? Have you tested it? Are you to test everything you ever encounter based on the assumption that official sources of information are inaccurate? Try this: Go study a natural science. Rather than taking everything you've read for granted, test everything. Get back to me when you're ninety, and let me know how little you've accomplished with your life.

Yes, in some cases (this one) the knowledge is inaccurate. But that doesn't mean that we should disregard everything we ever read and run off testing whether or not warning labels are accurate despite the manual explicitly stating "POISON: DO NOT EAT."

Though if you keep arguing with me for the sake of arguing with me, I will undoubtedly endorse such reckless behavior.

If you ladies are done arguing, yes it works with BG2, it is a "standalone", and it looks flawless with the widescreen mod.

I think it would be more disrespectful to my masculinity if I didn't stick up for myself, but whatever...I'm glad the mod works.

Ya know, I'm tempted to ask if you live in NC, but then again that must be a pretty common English name. Even when accounting for the small portion of people with that name that also enjoy playing old school RPG's.

Yes, in some cases (this one) the knowledge is inaccurate.
Or you could just go to the link you read and ask if it's still accurate.... and stop wasting other time, when the problems have already been solved.

I'm not going to go post on a different thread on a site I don't have an account on to ask a question about someone else's problem. That's absolutely ludicrous. I'm done arguing with you, troll. No matter what I say you're going to come back with some barely relevant idiocy and blatantly ignore everything else. As you just did. If you want to criticize people for trying to help, learn to pick your fights better.

I'm not going to go post on a different thread on a site I don't have an account on to ask a question about someone else's problem. That's absolutely ludicrous. I'm done arguing with you, troll. No matter what I say you're going to come back with some barely relevant idiocy and blatantly ignore everything else. As you just did. If you want to criticize people for trying to help, learn to pick your fights better.

Well said Jlad. That attack was totally uncalled for. Nice work in knocking him out of the park with your responses. I've noticed the snotty way several members have replied to you and it stinks.

I'm no expert at modding and I was hoping to post some questions but it looks as if I'd better beware.

If you ladies are done arguing, yes it works with BG2, it is a "standalone", and it looks flawless with the widescreen mod.

Ya know, I'm tempted to ask if you live in NC, but then again that must be a pretty common English name. Even when accounting for the small portion of people with that name that also enjoy playing old school RPG's.

I don't understand what you're saying. You're tempted because I insulted you and you want to throw fists, or because you'd like to meet someone who has the same taste in games?

FYI, my username is not my actual name. lol

I don't understand what you're saying. You're tempted because I insulted you and you want to throw fists, or because you'd like to meet someone who has the same taste in games?

FYI, my username is not my actual name. lol

Nah, old friend of mine. I didn't find what you said insulting. If I wanted to throw fists over that one then I'd have already climbed a clock tower over all the other ones. :)

Archived