Kivan of Shilmista - feedback

Guest Kai of Candlekeep

Guest Guest

Thank you. I think I will play another game with the desired outcome specifically in mind. I only recently discovered the mods and because I've played through the game so many times I got sloppy -- I "know" what everyone is going to say, so why go through all that dialogue for nothing? I'll slow down next time.

I realise that my last post sounded very negative, and that wasn't my intention. The Kivan mod feels like it's really part of the BG world. I love it!

Having Kivan in my party gives me the sense that my PC has a true friend, someone who has been with him almost since the start -- much more so than Imoen, even. Because Kivan was so well-written, I really wanted him to have a happy ending, because he's been through the mill with my fighter/cleric PC and has been so stoic and sad. I actually had Kivan in my last BG game, which I finished only a couple of weeks ago, so the connection felt much stronger. Kivan has always been one of my favourite BG characters -- he always seemed balanced to me -- a solid fighter but not too "uber" -- and I was delighted so see this mod because it seems so true to the character. He wasn't all buffed up; he's a superb archer, not a front-line grunt, and I like him that way.

Cheers.

Thank you; I hope you'll have fun with another run through BG2. I see that you'd like to try other modded NPCs, so I hope it'll be refreshing. I ran Kivan myself with Amber and Xan in the party for SoA, and they are both superb mods.

Thank you; I hope you'll have fun with another run through BG2. I see that you'd like to try other modded NPCs, so I hope it'll be refreshing. I ran Kivan myself with Amber and Xan in the party for SoA, and they are both superb mods.

I was going to include Amber, and although I've only used Xan in a BG party once I think I will try him.

Archived