Black lines in Shadows in Widescreen BG1

Guest Hawk

I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly for the wide screen mod, but I've noticed an odd issue with the game now with or without GUI replacement mods installed. This is from playing at 1280x768.

http://i55.tinypic.com/ogkwua.jpg

If you enlarge the picture you'll see these vertical bar lines going through the shadows. When playing the game they are always there. It's nothing game breaking but it's really, really annoying and I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of them short of going to a lower resolution?

maybe it is your particular monitor? i didn't see any black lines anywhere in your screenshot...

You don't even after enlarging the image? It doesn't show up without enlarging.

Maybe you just need to request bigger GUI replacement... as I am pretty sure that you can see the lines in 1280x768 res with a 52" flat screen TV(well actually in 1280x720 res) even without enlarging them. But the enlarging makes it show up because it basically needs to doubles something.

There is no use to using the anti-aliasing technology(anymore) because the picture is statistic. The 1280x768->1920x1152 is *1.5, it's not very visible on that via MSPaint, so I have to ask you Hawk, what's the native resolution of your monitor ?

maybe it is your particular monitor? i didn't see any black lines anywhere in your screenshot...

clicked link, pic opened in browser, clicked the pick to enlarge, didn't see any vertical bars. saved the file and loaded it up into GIMP and then zoomed in. still don't see any vertical bars.

at any rate, i would suggest checking your graphics driver for an update and seeing if it changes by swapping monitors (if possible).

unless you can highlight the vertical bars you are talking about, i doubt anyone else can see them. sorry...

Archived