Fixpack and Tactics mod

HRose

It was suggested to me that the Tactics-weidu mod should be installed BEFORE the fixpack (that in BGT install order would mean before everything else).

But on the Fixpack readme there are no mentions of Tactics and the instruction say that when in doubt the fixpack should be installed before everything else.

So I wonder if there are known consequences for installing Tactics after the Fixpack. It was mentioned to me that there may be bugs because Tactics overwrites things and so overwrites the fixpack fixes too, but in that specific case I have already installed a "creature fixer" and it also means that the bugs must be contained in the Tactics modules.

Anyway, are there known problems for this?

As you say, Tactics overwrites files, the Fixpack does not (and patches them to fix them), hence why people recommend installing mods like Tactics first. The Creature Fixer is not going to fix issues with spells, items, etc., and it is unlikely to fix every issue with all creatures (it just looks for specific issues that are likely to cause crashes - more of a band-aid solution than a fixpack).

Archived