Portraits & SixOfSpades' Extended Sarevok's Diary

Salk

Hello!

One question: I understand that I need to install the Required Modification component even to install only the Portraitsand the Extended Sarevok's Diary components (which at this very moment are the only ones I plan to have). But does the Required Modification alter the game in any way?

I am asking because in the read me it says that it "

patches dialogue, creatures, scripts, adds or changes some items, fixes and alters some resources", which is way more than I wish.

Thanks!

Salk, sorry - RL - and just when I volunteered to help more -

I can only point you to the code in the time I have tonight. https://github.com/cmorganbg/BG1NPC/blob/master/bg1npc.tp2 lines to 1857 and called files.

// Fix droppable Ghoul Touch

/* Miloch's bugged spell/script fixes (required for Gnomes) */

/* WizWom's Tutu NPC Battle fix: TUTU only, not compatible with BGT scripts */

/* Area Type Flagging */

/* Tutu Area Script Assignment Patching: All Areas Script ID'd */

/* removing Minsc's timer to leave party */

/* removing Kivan's timer to leave party */

/* Fixing Coran's Wyvern script */

/* Changing Coran's old leaving timer */

/* Create Coran's Wyverns *//* put them in the Cave */

/* Set Tazok sprite back to living before last chapter, and move triggers to another variable other than Dead() */

/* Make Tazok Killable */

/* Stop Viconia's Potential Script Stutter on Tutu */

/* WizWom's Prevent Alora Area Script from Crashing. */

/* Trying to prevent Alora from Stuttering. */

/* Dialogue Correction in X#JFIX.D */

/* Cleaning J files from junk states */

/* Changing DPLAYER2.bcs to stop BreakingPoint SDNS from hanging Tutu Only */

/* ACTION.IDS and TRIGGER.IDS patching to ToB - thanks, Cam, if you read it */

/* and GTIMES.IDS, ANIMATE.IDS patching to ToB, courtesy of the BG2 Fix Pack */

/* STATE.IDS patching to ToB - thanks, Cam, if you read it */

/* adds custom IsValidForPartyDialogue state */

/* Kivan and Tazok Dialogue File Assignment */

/* berelinde's Statue Naming Fixes */

/* add Gorion's Talking Letter dialog, no need for EVAL */

/* add Gorion's Talking Letter Area Script */

/* X#GorionTalkingLetter Variable: Gorion's Letter creature */

/* custom cutspy.cre for BG1NPC code */

/* Stop Bioware dialogues repeating, fixes DLG matching BreakingPoint DPLAYER2.bcs changes */

/* Music File .2da patching, Tutu only */

/* CamDawg's Temple Healing Fix *//* give all stores the normal suite of cures available */

/* Cam's 2DA Neutral/Happy interjection restoration */

/* Imoen BIMOEN.DLG rebuild */

/* Tutu: Giving Imoen a banter file entry in the interdi.2da */

/* BGT: Giving Imoen a banter file if the Fixpack isn't installed */

/* pdialog.2da preparation */

/* Nythrun's Broken CRE Order and Effects Macros are depreciated - her Fix is now part of WeiDU, with troubleshooting/extension by Miloch */

/* Miloch's and older fixes combined here using PATCH_IF - less touching of the file = good thing */

/* As far as I can tell the fixes are from Nythrun, Dudleyville, Miloch (especially Gnome fixes), and Tutu v4 conversion hiccups, and BGT vs Tutu script assignments - cmorgan, March 26, 2011 */

/* Apply Nythrun's Fixes to creatures we use */

/* Ascension64's Bere"gost" Fix - very cool! AR3300, FW3300, AR6700 (BG1, BGTutu, BGT) */

/* Defines regexp whitespaces */

/* allows us to regexp match tabs and newlines */

/* makes sure PIDs go last */

/* BEGIN The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications */

BEGIN @1005

/* Tells other mods BG1NPC Core is installed */

If you want to mess about, you could probably adapt the portraits/SixofSpades' Diary stuff into a separate local installable.

Thanks, cmorgan!

Wouldn't it be enough to just remove the REQUIRE_FILE ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ from those components in order to make them installable?

Or is there a real need of something that the Core component installs to make BG2 Portraits, Non-Joinable NPC portraits and Sarevok's Extended Sarevok's Diary work?

I bet you are right - try commenting that out on the three components you want, and the only hassle you will get is that you have to manually uninstall components (the way the thing is designed right now is that if you pull the required component, it uninstalls everything, which is a fail-safe to avoid spurious bug reports where someone skips the required fixes - just the behavior you are trying to work around).

Both SixofSpade's stuff and the portraits do not seem to need anything run in the fixes. I remember discussions a few years ago about splitting them off just like the music pack, but the flag-file usage, having the .tp2 in the top directory instead of put into the game folder, this, and the acknowledgement of "phases" was deemed a legacy-killer. Too many versions, too many years, relatively complicated code... and most of all, a comprehensive agreement that this mod's development is done and we are in maintainence/minor bugfixing mode.

Well, thank you very much for your answer, cmorgan. If separating these components is an hassle, let them be then. After all I bet a very small percentage of BG1 NPC users just wish an installation that is similar to mine.

Archived