Branwen Romance Dialogs

TrancingBear

Hi All,

I just completed a large BGT install which included the BG1 NPC Project (of course!). I'm poking around the various files to see where things are to be sure in all installed correctly. I noticed BGBRANW.BCS has all the romance script pieces using P#BRLoveTalk as the primary romance variable, but I can't find where the romance dialogs are. I scanned all the dialogs manually and even did a search for P#BR (using Infinity), but I don't see them. So rather than playing the game to the point where I get Branwen, only to run into a studder, I thought I'd ask the community to see if I'm being brain dead. Thanks!

TB

No, I don't need for you to upload the log.... but you should definitely print it out and put it someplace where you can find it because you are going to need it for what I'm going to tell you to do to solve your problem.

1) PRINT OUT YOUR WEIDU LOG

2) Find the last mod on your installation. Uninstall it.

3) Find the next-to-last mod on your installation. Uninstall it.

4) Repeat the process until you have reached BG1 NPC Project

5) Uninstall the BG1 NPC Project.

6) Install the BG1 NPC Project, choosing all the same options you have listed in your printed weidu.log

7) Install the mod you previously installed right after the BG1 NPC Project, choosing all the same options you have listed in your printed weidu.log

8) Repeat the process until you reach BG1NPCSOA. ***DO NOT INSTALL THAT MOD***

9) Once you have skipped BG1NPCSOA, install everything else in your weidu.log in exactly the same order that you installed it the first time, making sure that you install exactly the same components that you did last time.

10) Play through the BG1 portion of the game and save before you enter the Temple of Bhaal in the Undercity. Make this a manual, named save so that if things don't work out, you can load it up and try it again.

11) Install BG1NPCSOA.

12) Play through to the very end of BG1 and pray that BG1NPCSOA doesn't mess up the transition to BG2.

13) Play BG2 with your BG1 cohorts.

I am sorry this process is so tedious. WeiDU will actually uninstall and reinstall things for you, but as a modder myself, I have seen too many reinstallation issues to recommend letting WeiDU sort through a large stack of mods without help.

Thanks Berelinde!

LOL, well, it would seem I used the biff option at the end of the BGT install (I used the BiG install .bat file), so I don't think uninstall/reinstallling is an option. I haven't started the game yet, so re-installing from my pre-BGT install backup is easy. Last question (I hope) - if I remove Component 0 [bG1 NPCs, Shar-Teel, Yeslick, Garrick, Branwen & Skie] from the BG1NPCSOA install, would you expect Branwen's BG1 dialogs to be there?

While I was researching a solution to your problem and looking for alternatives to a massive reinstallation, I came across the forum thread for BG1NPCSOA. In it, Smiling Imp, the author of the mod, states that he (I think Smiling Imp is a he; only Smiling Imp knows for sure) can only guarantee compatibility on vanilla (unmodified) SoA/ToB games. Since your planned installation is rather large, I would recommen not installing that mod at all. It overwrites the dialogue files for just about all of the BG1 NPCs.

It's a shame, too. It looks like it would have been cool mod, if only he'd used prefixes.

That said, the BG1 NPC Project is key to enjoying the BG1 portion of the game. If you're going to choose between the two, choose that.

Archived