New Guy Full of Questions

Haplo

I'm just gonna post the first part to make it short coz I guess that after is pretty much the same with that IF ~~ THEN DO thingy....

I did try it your way but it still give me the same tipe of error :

BEGIN R#Arthur

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN Talk1

SAY ~Hi. I am Sir Arthur Dayne "The Sword of the Morning", I come from a far away land, Westeros.

I was a Knight of the Kingsward, sworn to protect the King for life, have no wife and father no children, but my king was

slain for one one of my Sworn brothers, the Kingslayer, and now I'm looking for worthy companions to protect and defend

the weak and the unable to protect themselfs.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Then I'm the one you're looking for mate, Join me and together we shall vanquish the evil of these lands ~ GOTO HiThere

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Get the fuck out of my way u fool.~ GOTO EndTalk

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN HiThere

SAY ~Sure, my sword is yours as long as your cause is just~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

END

Who set this thing up to be soooo difficult!!!!!! :D

Let's see.... I've made a test, I copied and pasted the exemple in the guide I'm following "the very long guide to create NPC" that takes u to Kat bella, and is all alright WeiDU those the install (tho later on in the game the guy "has nothing to tell u"). And then Line by Line y create an exact copy with my words, check it like 10 times already, and still gives me some sintax mistake in the line 32 column 85-88 (and there are NO words in there!!!!, is an empty space)..... why?? (according with context line 32 is the END on BEGIN EndTalk)

BEGIN R#Arthur

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN Talk1

SAY ~Hi. I am Sir Arthur Dayne "The Sword of the Morning", I come from a far away land, Westeros.

I was a Knight of the Kingsward, sworn to protect the King for life, have no wife and father no children, but my king was

slain for one one of my Sworn brothers, the Kingslayer, and now I'm looking for worthy companions to protect and defend

the weak and the unable to protect themselfs.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Then I'm the one you're looking for mate, Join me and together we shall vanquish the evil of these lands ~ GOTO HiThere

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Get the fuck out of my way u fool.~ GOTO EndTalk

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN HiThere

SAY ~Sure, my sword is yours as long as your cause is just~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Kill the bad guy and rescue a friend, a righteous one~

DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No just yet, I've some bussines to attend to~

EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN EndTalk

SAY ~Guard your tongue sir, before you lose it, along with your head~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Whatever~ EXIT

END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ THEN BEGIN Talk2

SAY ~You are back sir, shall we join forces now?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I would gladly welcome the company of such a worthy companion as you~

DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I was just pasing by.~ EXIT

END

BEGIN R#ArthurP

IF ~Global("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN LeaveGroup

SAY ~Please, reconsider, there is so much good that we can do together~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~My mistake, please stay.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Fuck off before I kill you myself~

SAY ~That mouth of yours will be your undoing, I'll restrain my sword for the battles we fought together~ EXIT

END

IF ~Global("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN ComeBack

SAY ~Do you come to Apologize and have me back?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes,Welcome back.~

DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1)JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Nope, just passing by.~ EXIT

END

It's that extra SAY line in there. You need:

BEGIN R#ArthurP

IF ~Global("R#ArthurJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN LeaveGroup

SAY ~Please, reconsider, there is so much good that we can do together~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~My mistake, please stay.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Fuck off before I kill you myself~ GOTO R#badbye

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN R#badbye

SAY ~That mouth of yours will be your undoing, I'll restrain my sword for the battles we fought together~

END

On a non-doding note: Are you leaving off all end punctuation on your sentences on purpose?

Awesome mate, thanks for check it out, I'll set it up properly.

Yes, because is just a test and I'm learning as I go, I just write as fast as I can, so many times I just skip them

(works the same for the bad language, I'm the one testing them so no harm done, If I ever do a mod for ppl to use , language will be more polite)

thanks for the help :)

I'm afraid that nothing I do would work for that file it was giving me the same error at line 32..... I created a new one, even simplier, basically what I did is copy and paste the turorial above mencioned, and then, change the words for my own and without adding any extra line, it worked that way. WeiDU does the install but the NPC has "nothing to tell me", It won't even begin to talk to me (instead of that,I had Nalia chasing me all over the cooper coronet, stalking me).

where could be the problem when WeiDU those the install, but the NPC "has nothing to tell u"??

Ok... I will follow those 3 points, because I did not patched the game, thought I shouldn't (in the guide it is mencioned that I should have a clean installation)

I'll start with that, the CRE bueh... can't remember.... is there anyway to check it? like open the CRE file with DLTCEP and see if I did?

Ah, yeah, "clean installation" means "no mods," not "unpatched." Make sure there are no mods installed when you attempt to patch your game. If you have mods installed when you patch, it will be very, very ugly. And then, once your game is patched, reinstall your mod. You can check your CRE with DLTCEP.

Ok game patched, but I decided to check the DLTCEP and now I see this:

In icons and scripts the guide told me to put ##MYNPC in:

-Override script

-Dialog

-Scripting name (death variable)

Should I change that for R#Arthur???

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! My NPC is up and running tho...... he walks a bit too fast like he was wearing boots of speed (but he doesn't)

and when fighthing... well...... he does 1000 minimum damage..... tho I must admit that is funny to see all the enemies blow up at the touch of his sword....

Anyway, from here onward, so thank you very much guys for being so helpful, really :)

As it is, I'm a bit farther on in the NPC's guide and I have one question... To test any change a make in the mod I'm creating, Do I have to start a new game all over again? or a saved game will suffice?? (Like in if the new NPC is waiting inside the CC and I save the game there, will the change's take effect)

As always folllowing the Guide I'm making a simple CHAIN now, but when tryinng to install it gives me this error:

trigger list near line 13, column 5 of Dayne/R#ArthurB.d] PARSE WARNING at line 17 column 41-41

Near Text: )

[stateCheck] argument [CD_STATE_NOTVALID] not found in [state.IDS]

[trigger list near line 13, column 5 of Dayne/R#ArthurB.d] PARSE WARNING at line 19 column 38-38

[trigger list near line 54, column 5 of Dayne/R#ArthurB.d] PARSE WARNING at line 58 column 41-41

[trigger list near line 54, column 5 of Dayne/R#ArthurB.d] PARSE WARNING at line 60 column 38-38

[Dayne/R#ArthurB.d] parsed

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'

Resource [R#ARTHURB.DLG] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Dayne/R#ArthurB.d]: Failure("resource [R#ARTHURB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

Stopping installation because of error.

And this is what I have in file :

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("R#Arthur")

InParty(Player1)

!StateCheck("R#Arthur",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

Global("R#ArthurJoined","GLOBAL",0)~

THEN R#ArthurB Banter1

~I love women.~

DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurJoined","GLOBAL",1)~

END

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, me too!~ GOTO Banter1-1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Really? I thought otherwise.~ GOTO Banter1-2

CHAIN

IF ~~ THEN R#ArthurB Banter1-1

~I'm glad you agree with me!~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~~ THEN R#ArthurB Banter1-2

~Fuck you.~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("R#Arthur")

InParty("Minsc")

!StateCheck("R#Arthur",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck("Minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

Global("R#ArthurMinsc1","GLOBAL",0)~

THEN R#ArthurB ArthurMinsc1

~Minsc, Is that a hamster?.~

DO ~SetGlobal("R#ArthurMinsc1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BMINSC ~Yes! Boo is a hamster!~

== R#Arthur ~That's mad.~

= ~You two should be in a mental institution.~

== BMINSC ~Yes, and buttkicking!~

EXIT

Any ideas why?

Archived