Minor issues with Lake Poets

Miloch

I noticed the lake poets announce themselves a little too often. Also a little too far off - one probably shouldn't be able to hear a bard in the main room of an inn when one is in its kitchen. Maybe put a combination of See([GOODCUTOFF]) along with a Range() trigger (like set to 15 or so). Also, if the annoucements are randomised, have a couple of the random chances (at least) say nothing. It's not like you can miss these guys or anything.

One of Dynaheir's responses contains "mine ears doth ring" - "doth" is singular case, therefore "mine ears ringeth" is better. I didn't look up the strref since I'm going off the component installed via BG1 Tweaks.

True enough I suppose, though I don't know what Dyneheir's "dialect" is supposed to reflect in English terms. I was thinking of an older version of the language, but I guess someone had in mind Shakespeare's West Midlands early modern English (not like that was even a standard). There were quite a number of different dialectal differences in ME that persisted into ModE times.

Plural forms vary strongly by dialect, with southern dialects preserving the Old English -eth, midland dialects showing -en from about 1200 onward, and northern forms using -es in the third person singular as well as the plural.
But it should be whatever she uses elsewhere - probably "mine ears ring."

Archived