[MACOSX] TTF import problems

corvias

I've been trying to get GemRB v.7, build 460 to use a ttf font to replace Normal.bam with no success. It seems like GemRB can't find where I've put the font. I've tried several things:

- Configured fonts.2da as specified in the GemRB wiki

- Created a "Fonts" folder containing the font in ~/.GemRB and setting the Font Path setting in GemRB to ~/.GemRB/Fonts

- Created a similar folder inside the app bundle and pointed GemRB to /Applications/GemRB.app/Contents/Fonts

- Commented out the Font Path setting completely in the vain hope that it looks inside the app bundle for a fonts directory by default.

- Tried a couple other fonts with the same results.

In any case, GemRB loads, shows the intro movies, and then barfs up a MacOS crash dump (attached). Also in the console, I believe hese lines are relevant: (The filename of the font is "frizquadratatt.ttf)

[Core]: Loading Fonts...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'fonts.2da' in 'GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'frizquadratatt.ttf'...
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Couldn't find 'frizquadratatt.ttf'... Tried frizquadratatt.ttf.bam frizquadratatt.ttf.ttf
[Core/WARNING]: Unable to load font resource: NORMAL

And then further down just before the crash:

[GUIScript]: Loading Script Start.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'classes.2da' in 'GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'kitlist.2da' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'clskills.2da' in 'GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'races.2da' in 'GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'xplevel.2da' in 'Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'pdolls.2da' in 'GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'strmod.2da' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'strmodex.2da' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'spldisp.2da' in 'shared GemRB Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'BISLOGO'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'BISLOGO.mve' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'BWDRAGON'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'BWDRAGON.mve' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'WOTC'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'WOTC.mve' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'STON10L'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'STON10L.mos' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'STON10R'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'STON10R.mos' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'STON10T'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'STON10T.mos' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'STON10B'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'STON10B.mos' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'START.chu' in 'Override'.
[ResourceManager]: Searching for 'start25'...
[ResourceManager]: Found 'start25.mos' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'guimplgc.bam' in 'chitin.key'.
Segmentation fault: 11

Incidentally, I love GemRB. While I can't code, I'm not afraid of bash and getting my hands dirty compiling. I'd like to offer my time to help bugtest for the project... I have all of the BioWare/Black Isle IE games (Except PS:T). I even have an original six cd set of BG1. I can run tests on Mac, Linux and Windows under whatever conditions you might want. Let me know if there's any way I can help. (I'm no slouch with Inkscape/photoshop/gimp either).

gemrb-ttf-crash.txt

As for your offer, two things come to mind:

- the next release will bring some invasive changes and another (speedy) playthrough of bg2 would help a lot in assuring nothing serious broke. Not a good time to start such a heavy test though, since all that invasive work has not been completed yet.

- I have no idea if (iwd) heart of winter can still be played through. This one should be easier. :)

A few Q's before I get started:

- I've been using the buildbot Mac builds... Is that ok, or should I compile from git? In other words, Is the code from git newer than the code used to create the mac binaries. Either way is fine by me. Just want to make sure the version I use is what you want tested. Whenever I run into something, I'll try to test it in Linux and Windows. Hopefully I'll be able to test iOS and Android as well (eventually).

- Should I continue to post feedback/issues in these forums, or would you prefer I use the tracker on the sourceforge site?

- Out of curiosity, what is the nature of the green/yellow sprite issue (see this thread)? Is it fixed already in git? Being rid of THAT bug would greatly increase my playthrough experience!

Archived