In need of mod that applies characters' voice

Riseofbane

I'm looking for Baldur's Gate characters voice such as Imoen and whatnot, so that I can apply their voice to my Icewind Dale characters.

I know there are people who did this and uploaded on youtube, they even show how they can choose its voice from character custom creation screen which I found it interesting.

I can't find that mod anywhere else so I really appreciate for your help. And if there is any glitch doing this by applying on IWD, please let me know in advance.

Thanks

Regards

Somewhat related... There's a mod to use several BG2 NPCs in IwD:

Thanks, Found some..

BG2 to IWD Characters by Blucher

All of the BG2 non-player characters converted into playable Icewind Dale player characters. These are complete with biography info, soundsets and portraits and items (with a few extras).

Awesome and exactly what I need, but all files are OGG Vorbis form,,, needs to be converted into wav file else it won't work. Converting it right now with some trial versioned converter... it's also lil bit pain for BG1 character sound to change into xxxxx01 type form and needs to hear which sounds is proper for which action.. such as when u die, char shouldn't say "I will do my best"..

but BG2 has all that set up except Vorbis form, thanks anyway.

converted OGG Vorbis form into DvD Quality wav 48MhZ, but its quality value still went down after converting.

I can hear increased scratching noises after the conversion...... quiet disappointed. WIsh there's wave file available without any scratch...

Awesome and exactly what I need, but all files are OGG Vorbis form,,, needs to be converted into wav file else it won't work.

converted OGG Vorbis form into DvD Quality wav 48MhZ, but its quality value still went down after converting.

I can hear increased scratching noises after the conversion...... quiet disappointed. WIsh there's wave file available without any scratch...

If I'm understanding what you want to do, considering doing this:

[1] Copy your IwD game folder to somewhere

[2] Install Blucher's mod to this folder

[3] find the converted WAVs files in this folder (they might be in Override folder) - they will be converted to the proper format for IwD, and should be labelled properly.

[4] copy the WAVs to the game folder you're going to really play from.

Awesome and exactly what I need, but all files are OGG Vorbis form,,, needs to be converted into wav file else it won't work.

[3] find the converted WAVs files in this folder (they might be in Override folder) - they will be converted to the proper format for IwD, and should be labelled properly.

well you misunderstood.. audioconveter allows to convert file extension of OGG Vorbis into .wav .. it's a technical term not related to the game..

Anyway normally when you change the file extension using the audiocoverter, the quality will go down, if you ever done it in the past.. unless you change the file into similar form, the quality might stay same, for example, mp4 into wmv, the quality will be almost equal. That OGG Vorbis into wav did make the sound to have increased scratching noise, I actually did download some other converter and was able to reduce it down little bit.. took quiet a while to find that converter.

well you misunderstood...

Accepted.

I thought you wanted a quick way to grab the wavs w/o having to mainly generate them manually.

Since you've already done the work, my suggestion is moot.

Proper audio formats are discussed in this thread (at least for BG2 - might be different for IwD).

Archived