Problem with clabfi04

I was fiddling around with trying to make a few kits of my own and when looking at CLABFI04.2DA (for the kensai) I saw something I think is wrong. In the row "ABILITY1" there seems to be a "****" missing from column "20". This messes up the Kensai's abilites, leaving column "40" empty.

I suspect this might be a local issue, Maybe I messed up something when installing? I have no mods installed. When I first discovered the error I thought I had forgotten to patch the game, but I ran the patch and CLABFI04.2DA was still the same. Furthermore, I realized that this error had carried over to my Easytutu install.

Furthermore, SPCL143 is supposed to be applied once at level 1 and then at every four levels (4th, 8th, etc) but sometimes there's a five level gap and sometimes just a three level gap.

I have Version 26498. Does anyone know what is wrong? Should I post the CLABFI04?

Best Regards

spukrian

Ok, do you have the Fix Pack installed? I don't, at the moment (can't use Easytutu when the fixpack is installed) but I'll install it and check later. I guess maybe I should've posted this in the EasyTutu forum, but I didn't see this mentioned in the documentation for the BG2 fix pack and couldn't find anything when searching the forums, that's why I posted here instead.

My point is that the 20th column should be **** and AP_SPCL141 and all columns after it should be shifted one step to the right. As it is right now, column 40 in the first row is empty.

I installed BGII Fix Pack and it didn't fix it.

I guess I should clarify what I mean.

In the middle clabfi04 looks like this:

18          19          20    21
AP_SPCL141  ****  AP_SPCL141  ****

and near the end like this (note the empty space in the 40th column):

37          38          39          40
****        AP_SPCL141  ****          

I think it should look like this:

18          19          20    21
AP_SPCL141  ****        ****  AP_SPCL141

and like this:

37          38          39          40
****        ****        AP_SPCL141  ****

I'm going to reinstall BGII and see what went wrong.

Looks legit. I remember running into this issue a couple of years ago as well, so it is likely not something that has gone wrong on your end.

Proposed fix:

COPY_EXISTING clabfi04.2da override
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AP_SPCL141[ %TAB%]+\*\*\*\*[ %TAB%]+AP_SPCL141~ ~AP_SPCL141  **** ****  AP_SPCL141~
 PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
BUT_ONLY

Hello, thank you! That looks cool, but does that fix all columns or just column 20 and 21?

To sum up the errors:

*SPCL141 gets applied correctly up to lvl 18, after that it gets applied at lvls 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35 and 38.

*SPCL143 gets applied correctly up to lvl 8, after that it gets applied at lvls 13, 16, 21, 24, 28, 33 and 36.

Sorry, I know very little about weidu scripting, but I did edit a clabfi04.2da into what I think is correct. Should I upload it?

Sorry, I missed the bit about SPCL143.

To be consistent with other abilities gained every 4 levels, you would gain it at level 1, level 5, level 9, level 13, level 17 and so on.

Actually, the game's just plain inconsistent in this regard.

Comments, anyone?

('Course, it may be moot, since, if I recall correctly, speed factor bonuses do not stack; you just gain the one of the highest magnitude.)

('Course, it may be moot, since, if I recall correctly, speed factor bonuses do not stack; you just gain the one of the highest magnitude.)

That's correct.

The fixpack currently handles this by making the SPCL143.SPL apply different speed factor bonuses at higher character levels. It would still make sense to ensure that the ability is applied at the proper levels in the 2DA, i.e. as specified in the kit description.

Okay, so...

New code (supersedes old code):

//The progression of the Kensai abilities SPCL141 and SPCL143 are both irregular; the table is also one cell short in the first row
//The levels for SPCL143 for level < 9 are the same as vanilla
COPY_EXISTING clabfi04.2da override
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~AP_SPCL141[ %TAB%]+\*\*\*\*[ %TAB%]+AP_SPCL141~
				~AP_SPCL141  **** ****  AP_SPCL141~ //Fix the broken progression for SPCL141 by adding the missing cell
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY AP_SPCL143 "****"				   //Remove all instances of SPCL143 and start from scratch
 COUNT_2DA_COLS cols
 READ_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW "#rclabfi04" cols
 PATCH_FOR_EACH j IN 1 4 BEGIN						 //Write the entries for levels < 8
FOR (i = 0; i < "#rclabfi04"; ++i) BEGIN
  READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER "#rclabfi04" i j entry
  PATCH_IF "%entry%" STRING_EQUAL "****" BEGIN
	SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER "#sclabfi04" i j AP_SPCL143
	i = "#rclabfi04"
  END
END
 END
 FOR (i = 8; i < cols; i += 4) BEGIN				   //Add abilities every 4 levels starting at level 8
FOR (j = 0; j < "#rclabfi04"; ++j) BEGIN
  READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER "#rclabfi04" j i entry
  PATCH_IF "%entry%" STRING_EQUAL "****" BEGIN
	SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER "#sclabfi04" j i AP_SPCL143
	j = "#rclabfi04"
  END
END
 END
 SET_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW "#sclabfi04" cols
 PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
BUT_ONLY

(Disclaimer: the codebox is causing the misalignment; not my fault.)

Archived