Graphical glitches

amnasty

I installed SCS2 mainly for the Smarter mages, priests and some advanced AI features and have come across some graphical differences

No. 1 It changes the tooltips (making much more readable just like widescreen fixes offer) with some kind of changes in text effects. Now the tooltips leave behind some BLACK marks some sort of blank flags that stay for a couple of seconds before it looks normal.

I know it's installed for better feel, but I don't mind the old feel. So, please guide me how to restore it or solve it!

No. 2 There is a slight hiccup or slow down which never happened with any previous game sessions.

Thanks..

Win XP SP3

Intel i5 3.20 GHz with onboard graphics.

BG2 SOA-TOB installed GOG Version

WEIDU log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2019 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Antimagic spells remain single-target, but affect the target creature whether or not it is invisible (default option): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v21

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v21

Some screenshots below to identify the problem.

First Image Second Image Third Image Fourth Image

EDIT

Just saw this online a similar black boxes problem.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__533606

(Correction)

This is (apparently) what caused the black boxes for me while having 3d-acceleration deactivated:

SCSII (Sword Coast Stratagems II)

So if anyone encounters the same problem the solution to NOT install the Sword Coast Stratagems II!

Now I can play the game perfectly with 3d-acceleration deactivated.

Unfortunately without this mod which seemed kind of fun.

Let the adventure begin! \o/

I am also playing with 3D acceleration OFF due to the same reason. 800X600 with onboard graphics intel.

Is there any solution to enjoy this mod without these black boxes?

The slowdown you're getting is probably just your system struggling with SCS's processing requirements (it's notoriously demanding even on newer systems). Other than usual generic speed-up tips (defragment your hard drive, etc etc) I can't suggest much.

The black boxes are puzzling: I've never seen them before, and SCS doesn't mess with graphics at all. (Though it does include the ToBEx engine-modifier tool, which might do so.) If you read the rest of that thread you linked to, you'll see it's not really clear what the cause is - some people got them without SCS.

The slowdown you're getting is probably just your system struggling with SCS's processing requirements (it's notoriously demanding even on newer systems). Other than usual generic speed-up tips (defragment your hard drive, etc etc) I can't suggest much.

The black boxes are puzzling: I've never seen them before, and SCS doesn't mess with graphics at all. (Though it does include the ToBEx engine-modifier tool, which might do so.) If you read the rest of that thread you linked to, you'll see it's not really clear what the cause is - some people got them without SCS.

But it never ever happens with the default BG2 fixpack and tweakpacks.

More Importantly it indeed messes up with ToolTip being readable with better effects, don't know how to explain but earlier Tooltips used to be short and used to hide sentences. Now, it works exactly as the widescreen fixes offer with their Font modification.

By removing or reverting this effect, I suppose problem can be solved. Just guide me, if possible.

Also slow downs is not an issue since 16bits removes it.

Like DavidW, I'm inclined to put the blame for the first issue on ToBEx. Try setting all the parameters in TobEx_ini/TobExCore.ini and TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini to 0 (make a backup first) and see if it solves the problem.

Like DavidW, I'm inclined to put the blame for the first issue on ToBEx. Try setting all the parameters in TobEx_ini/TobExCore.ini and TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini to 0 (make a backup first) and see if it solves the problem.

Everything to 0 Are you sure? It shows a lot of things in 1..still I will do.

Yeah..they have gone. For now at least black boxes are not appearing and also game runs fine on 32 bit with no hiccups. But the load up (save game load up screen) time is slight more about 4 seconds

Cool!!...How did you solved? Is it my PC or the engine?

But will the Mod function properly since those parameters look important. I want the mod to work with all features intact as installed.

Screenshot

EDIT: Except "Custom Dialogue Bar Buffer Size=32767" everything is set to 0

Everything to 0 Are you sure? It shows a lot of things in 1.
Just to be sure it was ToBEx.

Having confirmed that it is, the next best step would be to find the faulty feature, by experimenting with enabling/disabling parameters. I.e. enable half of them, if fine then half of the remaining, etc. until you find the single parameter that is responsible for the glitch. After that either post it here or go straight to ToBEx forum with the report.

Having confirmed that it is, the next best step would be to find the faulty feature, by experimenting with enabling/disabling parameters. I.e. enable half of them, if fine then half of the remaining, etc. until you find the single parameter that is responsible for the glitch. After that either post it here or go straight to ToBEx forum with the report.

Well you have the source now and will link the post but experimenting is way beyond my understanding the mod stuff.

For now is the problem solved? can i continue with the mod (with parameters 0)?

If not, than I request the owner to see into the matter.

Till than, I will stand by with high hopes for revised version with better compatibility, in future.

btw Great Mod!... thx for the support again.

EDIT:

Got it!!

In TobExCore.ini

Look under [uI]

Allow 1280 Total Kits=1

Contingency Detects Select Spell=1

Custom Dialogue Bar Buffer Size=32767

Enlarge Tooltip Scroll=0 (Chang it from "1" to "0")

Externalise Mage Spell Hiding=1

Externalise Race Selection StrRef=1

Scrollable Chargen Mage Spell Selection=1

Scrollable Kit Selection=1

Scrollable Level Up Mage Spell Selection=1

Scrollable Mage Spellbook=1

Scrollable Priest Spellbook=1

It works now no more black boxes!!!

Well you have the source now and will link the post but experimenting is way beyond my understanding the mod stuff.

For now is the problem solved? can i continue with the mod (with parameters 0)?

If not, than I request the owner to see into the matter.

Till than, I will stand by with high hopes for revised version with better compatibility, in future.

btw Great Mod!... thx for the support again.

EDIT:

Got it!!

In TobExCore.ini

Look under [uI]

Allow 1280 Total Kits=1

Contingency Detects Select Spell=1

Custom Dialogue Bar Buffer Size=32767

Enlarge Tooltip Scroll=0 (Chang it from "1" to "0")

Externalise Mage Spell Hiding=1

Externalise Race Selection StrRef=1

Scrollable Chargen Mage Spell Selection=1

Scrollable Kit Selection=1

Scrollable Level Up Mage Spell Selection=1

Scrollable Mage Spellbook=1

Scrollable Priest Spellbook=1

It works now no more black boxes!!!

Oh! and one last thing, How are Sorcerers suppose to use Spell Immunity as "spell Triggers/Contingency"?

Sorcerers won't be able to scribe individual Spell Immunity scrolls.

You have ToBEx installed, so it doesn't matter. (That component is actually obsolete on most installs.)

black marks

I might have had the same issue once or twice but I can't really remember when or if it was even in the latest version

Oh! and one last thing, How are Sorcerers suppose to use Spell Immunity as "spell Triggers/Contingency"?

Sorcerers won't be able to scribe individual Spell Immunity scrolls.

When you learn Spell Immunity you automatically get access to the individual versions in the contingency menu.

Archived