Trouble with Fixpack D:

Hi!

I am having troubles installing the fixpack. Here's what it said:

ERROR: error loading [tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini]

Stopping installation because of error

stopping installation because of error

And later down:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error<20, "stat", "Tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini">

Any help would be appreciated, I am eager to test this out.

I am having troubles installing the fixpack. Here's what it said:

ERROR: error loading [tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini]

Stopping installation because of error

stopping installation because of error

And later down:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error<20, "stat", "Tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini">

Any help would be appreciated, I am eager to test this out.

Well, without seeing the rest of the .debug file, I can only quess.

So, first of all, make sure the file is Fixpack is actually called ice_tutu_tweaks-v7.13.exe , and not ice_tutu_tweaks-v7%2e13.exe ...

Or it might be that you try to install the IwDinBG2 into your Operation Systems protected folder, and thus the installer cannot find files there. So when installing older games, you always need to install somewhere else than the Program Files sub-folders. So the C:\Games\IwDinBGII\ -folder would be a good example.

If that's not the case then make sure when you run the .exe, it extracts it's components to the game directory, and not to a subfolder or the default directory, cause it's always faulty with the updated Windows OS'es after the NT edition, because of the above.

I installed it in onto my desktop, as when I tried to install it to c:\games\icewind_tutu , it didn't show up. I'll give installing it to C:\Games\IwDinBGII\ a go, and get back to you.

Also, how would I show you the full .debug file?

Cheers for the help, by the way.

As I understand it, that beta patch causes all sorts of problems in-game in any case, and is best avoided.
That's at least one of the best hypothesis, at least when it's not pre-installed in the game install and even then it can be reverted back to the latest official patch by just patching with the v(2.5.)26498.

Although it might be good to note that fact here.

Archived