Simple questions while in near infinity (IWDII)

Callirgos

2... are set by the primary stats bonus, and the class bonus... ref for example comes from Dexterity and Will comes from Wisdom, Fortitude comes from the Strength...

1... Base Attack Bonus, it comes from one of the .2da tables too, from each class bonuses added to each others. And of course there's the Strength bonus to the final Thac0...

For example arctic boar has a fortitude save set to 3 in the cre file. He also has his class set to fighter, and a different setting with three levels of fighter, lastly his CON is 17

Is his fortitude save 3, 6, or 9 in game?

It's probably 6 at most, of course the difficulty can also affect this... the enemy .cre files are cheated to hell to make them harder/easier by design of the encounters, they don't mean a darn thing in the rule system or with the .2da files, as they only affect the party, and that's only when the character levels up.

Thanks for your help.

It looks like the saves in the cre are the base saves before attribute bonuses. Class and level do nothing, unless the character levels up... Them they change these numbers by the CLASS

so for monsters the numbers set + attributes is what you get :)

One more question. If I change the class of a monster to change its To Hit ( thaco ) bonus, will that mess up its behavior script?

For example I change boar from fighter to cleric, to lower its bonus, does it idle and try to cast spells it doest have or something?

One more question. If I change the class of a monster to change its To Hit ( thaco ) bonus, will that mess up its behavior script?

For example I change boar from fighter to cleric, to lower its bonus, does it idle and try to cast spells it doest have or something?

Well probably not cause he doesn't have spells memorized and the fact that you didn't change the script(the Artificial Intelligence, file .bcs that tells it what to do in each situation).

Great.

So, I notice that a lot if monsters have damage reduction settings;

Piercing: 5

Missile: -5

How does that work? I thought missile weapons do piercing damage. Does that mean the 5 and -5 cancel out? There's a few missile weapons that do blunt damage, are all these monsters set like this "just in case" ?

Archived